Prado 150 series GXL t/d auto

Hi team
cleaning out the shed and I found this in it....

2009/10 KDJ150 Prado GXL Auto (7 seater)
Recent short motor rebuild (rebuilt same engine not exchange)
New injectors
ARB bull bar (winch bar)
Anderson plug
Brand new Toyo Open Country tyres (3 months old)
Tinted windows
197,000kms
Very rare colour scheme - white with grey cloth :-)

Engine was rebuilt at 188k's after injector failure led to a cracked piston which is quite common on these if the injectors are not monitored (as I found out 6 months after I bought it....). The original short motor was rebuilt and new injectors were installed.

The car drives really well and has all usual GXL features (reverse camera, reverse sensors, 8 seater, full electrics) it has had covers on the seat and mats in it, it does have a few minor scuffs inside (mainly cargo area) and out but very minor. It has not "just been detailed" or painted underneath - its a good honest car - selling as I bought a 200 series - toot toot!.
I am asking 28k which puts it at the cheapest 150 diesel under 200k's on carsales by about 4k but I am a little negotiable :-)

Located in Claremont
cheers
Clint

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 09/01/17

Perth Mechanics

Fri, 2018-06-22 11:06

Mate sorry to hear about the injector / piston failure which seems to be all to common. I guess the next owner will get to enjoy the reliability you have no doubt paid a fortune for!

I also have a Prado and thinking of changing the injectors out as a precaution, can you recommend any mechanic in Perth for this?

pelagicyachts's picture

Date Joined: 23/02/11

hi mate its a pretty simple

Tue, 2018-06-26 09:16

hi mate
its a pretty simple job but the injectors are no bargain - Baileys are supposedly the best and that's what I put in - it was around 1800 exchange from memory for the injectors. Anyone who works on diesel engines should be able to do the job.
What you should do is invest in a scan gauge or software which can give you the injector feedback values - this will tell you if you are over/underfueling and point out a failing injector.
You can get on ebay (Techstream) and its relatively easy to use - check out this link below, its better to read it before you need too ! :-)

https://www.baileysdiesel.com/on-highway/diagnose-1kd-injectors-dont-risk-engine-damage/

Date Joined: 09/01/17

Thanks MateI have just had

Tue, 2018-06-26 13:00

Thanks Mate

I have just had the values done and i'm due for replacement. I have it booked in this week at Allied Diesel and Turbo so hopefully its smooth sailing after that. Think i'll also get the exhaust gas sensor after the turbo installed. From what ive heard even with good injectors they can still go bang if over worked.

Cheers

Jarrod

pelagicyachts's picture

Date Joined: 23/02/11

prado sold thanks

Wed, 2018-06-27 08:54

prado sold thanks