2002 YAMAHA 130 HP SALTWATER SERIES ANY GOOD

Evening all,

Had a look at the boat show and could not get over the prices of new boats so have

decided that the old Pacemaker Trendsetter is going to get a re-power with a second

hand engine.

I am looking at purchasing a 2002 Yamaha 130 Saltwater series with approx 300 hours on it,

just wondering if any other members run this engine or have run this engine and could give me some

pros and cons. I would love a new engine or a 4 stroke but funds do not allow for it.

Thanks in advance.

Carry's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

Yammie

Mon, 2013-03-18 17:54

I got a 2002 115 hp yammie two Banga and the dealership I deal with have told me they are pretty reliable I got nearly 500 hrs on mine and the only problem I have had is with the jets in the carbies getting blocked but pretty simple fix other than that haven't had a problem

We feel nothing but a certain difficulty in continuing to stand 

Olliej's picture

Date Joined: 27/08/12

I understand they are quite

Mon, 2013-03-18 18:01

I understand they are quite reliable. Quite a lot of the early 00's cruise crafts had them when I was looking for my replacement boat.

Saying that I'd stil lsave up and buy an etec or 4 stroke.

Shark B8's picture

Date Joined: 10/01/13

Chews as much oil as they do

Mon, 2013-03-18 18:20

Chews as much oil as they do fuel, experienced a 250 :( Surf  the web can pick up 4 strokes fairly cheap with a few more hours...

Go big or go home..

Carry's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

Mine doesn't

Mon, 2013-03-18 21:55

My 115 doesn't use a great deal of oil but if the motor is at the right price and it's Gunna get you out amongst it go for it  maybe get a workshop test done on it before buying.

We feel nothing but a certain difficulty in continuing to stand