2005 suzuki df200 problems

At idle there are bubbles coming out from behind the prop in between the prop and housing it has just had the prop shaft seal replaced and has been pressure tested but first trip out i have noticed these bubbles im guessing exhaust has anyone heard of this problem and what causes it

crano's picture

Date Joined: 04/11/09

Probably seeing something

Sun, 2014-10-19 08:47

Probably seeing something that has always been there.

Date Joined: 02/11/09

It will be your IAC valve,

Sun, 2014-10-19 08:51

It will be your IAC valve, contact brett ward to get it serviced or replaced.

Cheers

Date Joined: 18/01/12

If there is a problem it

Sun, 2014-10-19 10:13

If there is a problem it isnt the shaft seal, this just keeps the oil in the gearbox.

There is no seal between the prop boss and the leg housing, at idle though usually all gases (small volume) comes out higher up the leg.

Take the prop off for a look and you'll see (should pull it regularly anyhow)

As Crano said you are likely seeing what has always been there.

Give a man a mask, and he'll show you his true face...

The older you get the more you realize that no one has a f++king clue what they're doing.

Everyone's just winging it.

Scotte's picture

Date Joined: 07/12/06

how does that work? i

Sun, 2014-10-19 10:15

how does that work? i thought it is just exhaust?the iac controls idle speed doesnt it? A  bypass when the throttle blade is closed

At idle youll only have a small amount of exhaust if any thru prop.that's the idea of the idle ports so the engine can breath uninhibited at idle.im no mechanic btw just intetested

Date Joined: 15/09/14

I took the prop off thats how

Sun, 2014-10-19 13:57

I took the prop off thats how I found fishing line in behind the prop hence the new seal the line chewed it out. The bubbles have never  been there untill after this new seal was installed Cheers for the fred back to guys