Boycott 2013

Hey Everyone !

Just wanted to let everyone know how my trip ( aka BOYCOTT ) went last week. Well in short was an absolute cracking trip probably the best one in as long as I can remember, got off to a rocky start with a flat tyre and a 2 hour detour to come home and get the boat key ( don't even ask !!! ) the trip came through in leaps and bounds !!!

Leeman is one of the nicest places I have ever been in my life ( except for the seaweed ) and every single person that lives there could not do enough for you while you're in their town.

First two days we went out to Dumper Passage and found some really nice spots which produced some awesome fish.

Third day we went out to Dumpers again and we got heaps of size Dhuis but threw them back as it had been producing bigger fish then all of a sudden they went off the bite.  So we decided to take a trip out to the beagle islands but after the trip out we decided we just weren’t comfortable being out there without any local knowledge, I just had that feeling so we headed back.  So after a few more hours we headed back in and while cleaning the boat we met a really top bloke named Garry who said he was more than happy to show us a couple spots the next day when he headed out, obviously we were over the moon and agreed.

Fourth day met up with Garry down the ramp and we headed out to an undisclosed location :) after about 30 minutes we arrived and we started a drift with him.  No kidding it took him and his mate 30min before they bagged out and headed back in, not before giving us a couple more pointers and locations which was awesome !!!!  Well after they left my goodness all rods started screaming fish after fish for a solid 3 hours it was amazing.  We too ended up bagging out that day which was great but honestly must of landed at least 20 monsters each in the process of doing so.

One of the craziest things that happened that day was hearing Darrens ( brother in law ) rod scream so I turned to see what was on it and as I turned around all I seen was his rod go flying out of the rod holder and off the back of the boat into the water so you could imagine I was half screaming at him to jump in and grab it but then the other half hysterically laughing at him.  Well he didn’t jump in and probably fortunate that he didn’t because 10 minutes later we see fins rise out of the water and start cruising towards the boat it was a little 5 foot hammer head so Darren goes for the camera and as he does a monster at least 12 foot tiger goes cruising past by far the biggest shark I have ever seen !!!

Well anyway hope that wasn’t too bad to read.  The photos that I have put up are not even close to all the stuff we caught but just a few to show you.

Anyway hope you enjoy.

Chris

One day I'll be a good fisherman ........

Image Upload: 

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

rooboy

Tue, 2013-03-05 11:25

Jeez looks like nice conditions down there on the Sunday/Monday, good feed there thats for sure.

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

rooboy111's picture

Date Joined: 08/01/10

Was unbelievable conditions

Tue, 2013-03-05 13:00

Was unbelievable conditions ! Definitely a good call heading up there rather than going to Albany !!!

Date Joined: 17/06/10

great post

Tue, 2013-03-05 13:04

thanks for the great post and pictures, it certainly looks like you had a great time

rooboy111's picture

The only bad part is that I

Tue, 2013-03-05 13:21

The only bad part is that I have to wait 12 months before Boycott 2014 !!! On the plus side we learnt some great tips and hopefully that will result in a lot more fish In Perth !

Date Joined: 13/11/11

Nice fish there mate, but

Tue, 2013-03-05 13:33

Nice fish there mate, but with the quality table fish you have there, why even bother with a dirty ole sambo! Looks like a top day out anyway.

rooboy111's picture

I had never tried sambo

Tue, 2013-03-05 15:56

I had never tried sambo before so we decided to keep one of the smaller ones to give it a go and i must say it was pretty nice ! It has nothing on the Dhuis, Sanpper and Baldchin though !!!