False Entrance 2016

Started my new year off in a great way with a trip with a mate and some now new mates to false entrance. 5 days we spent there not fishing overly hard relaxing and exploring a lot and tailor being one of our main targets and as usual i got distracted fishing the cliffs for pelagics. first day i did a day trip out to Turtle Dove shoal on a mates boat so the others where already up there when i pulled in on the night of the 4th ready for my first day in the morning and the excitment was building with the guys getting some good tailor in a quick arvo session.

morning session with tailor the target and some great fish landed and not long after ive found a decent ledge to spin for macks off and ive somehow got my Tailor of the trip at 73cm on a chrome mack bait that it swallowed at the cliff base, dropped a macky at the gaff 3rd cast which haunted me for the next few days after i lost another at the gaff and ended up with 0 macks for the trip while the other boys managed one on balloon and 5 on spin. the next few days continued with good fish coming up on a lot of different methods with a lot of exploring and relaxing in between, not taking things to seriously and just enjoying the place was relly nice for me anyway. fished plastics a lot and got roasted over and over fishing light gear but still had a heap of fun, landed a heap of tailor, dove and got some good baldies, more tailor than you can poke a stick at (10 over 70cm, 5 over 80cm and one over 90cm with hundreds smaller with none under 50cm), the boys got sharks and small mulloway fishing the beach, got some small GT's which was a suprise, good pinkys, spangos and dark tail perch on bait and plastics and even on a jig. 

ill just put the photos of my fish up but i had a rather quiet trip loosing some good fish, landed good fish just nothing crazy good or exciting. still had a great time and landed fish im more than happy with it was just one of those trips for me and on a good note i didnt get a single fish sharked and seen very few diving as well.

After the trip we all pulled into overlander roadhouse and i said my goodbyes to the guys and i turned and headed north towards my first adventure at Quobba station but ill save that for another report ill put up.

always looking for a new challenge!!

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 18/10/10

Living the life

Thu, 2016-01-28 21:30

man you guys live a good life! Love the pics and story and thanks for sharing 

opsrey's picture

Date Joined: 05/10/07

Nice way to start the year.

Thu, 2016-01-28 22:27

good report and pics. Thx for sharing.

Wes F's picture

Date Joined: 07/01/12

Another enjoyable trip

Fri, 2016-01-29 06:18

Looks like good times alround Chris.

Old fishermen never die they just smell that way.

azza1's picture

Date Joined: 30/04/11

As nightfish said living the

Fri, 2016-01-29 09:16

As nightfish said living the life for sure

Date Joined: 26/04/14

Awesome again

Fri, 2016-01-29 09:53

Awesome again

Chris fish's picture

Date Joined: 23/02/11

Cheers guys was a great

Sat, 2016-01-30 19:53

Cheers guys was a great trip, spent a week there then 8 days solo at quobba and I'm currently counting down to steep in a month then monties right after that

always looking for a new challenge!!

fishinguy's picture

Date Joined: 16/06/15

Hi chris, good job on the

Tue, 2016-05-10 13:37

Hi chris, good job on the fish, what size stella did you use and also what assasin rod? thanks

Dream fish to catch:

Giant herring.

Cobia.

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Horse

Tue, 2016-05-10 14:47

Horse baldy, nice!!

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

tailor marc's picture

Date Joined: 27/09/06

Great pics! Love false

Tue, 2016-05-10 20:41

Great pics! Love false entrance!

My photography pictures... http://westernhorizonsmedia.wordpress.com/

Date Joined: 27/03/18

Gday guys heading to false

Wed, 2018-03-28 11:04

Gday guys heading to false entrance on sunday what are the chances on getting a nice spot on the point or will it be mobbed for easter