Fishing, 7th of August, 2005

Looks like a trip to the barge is planned for the comming weekend to target some big samsonfish or yellowtail kings. From looking around the various other sites and from our experience at the 3 mile there are quite a few sambo's inclose at this time of year. With the weather conditions we have been experiencing lately there is a good possibility that it will be a good day and hopefully we won't need to anchor up.

If not, theres always the bottom ground not too far away which generally produces large king george and the occasional dhuie and baldchin groper. It's been a little difficult getting excited about going fishing out of Perth compared the waters around Exmouth. Seeing as it will probably be another year before we get up there again, it really is time to start getting back into the rythmn of fishing locally. What better way to warm up on some big sambo's, i think i'll start stretching now in preparation and start praying to the weather gods.

Can't wait..

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

SHizz's picture

Date Joined: 07/08/05

So how'd it go?

Sun, 2005-08-07 16:58

So how'd it go?

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Hey shizz,

Sun, 2005-08-07 17:17

Hey shizz,
Went average as we had electric problems. The dual batteries have got a short in them somewhere which keeps killing all the electronics. We still managed to get out to the north tip of the 5 fathom instead of going out from Mindarie. Managed to pick up this feed in 3 hours and headed back in before the boat packed up and sea rescue was needed. The captain had one monster on for 15 mins and pulled the hooks just out of view and he also lost another one to a dodgy clip swivel. Managed to get one small tagged pinky and got its number and size and released it.

Wasn't too bad a day even thou the wind was 10 knots more than what it was forecast at. Tried a few spots and checked out some ground that we hadn't looked at since last summer, still seems ok and had some decent schools on them, but each time we upwind to drift back we seemed to miss them. Have to get the boat a bit more reliable as this was the same problem as we had in Exmouth and is bloody annoying when you don't think the boat is going to start.

Date Joined: 05/08/05

I headed out monday for not

Wed, 2005-08-10 10:11

I headed out monday for not much, managed a big cuttlefish and some small pinkies, no sambos tho,
Hey just wandering if you guys need someone to do a weekly mandurah report for ya, i fish every week inshore and offshore from mandurah and already help out a guy every week who gets fridays West aust report together!
Happy to help and could accompany it with local fishers photos from the area, would help you guys raise your profile especially when i spread the word thru town and tell everyone that there photo might make it into the website.
let me know what u think!!!

Josh

Adam Gallash's picture

Hey Josh.. That would be

Wed, 2005-08-10 11:08

Hey Josh.. That would be alltime mate and I would be stoked if you started spreading the word and put up any of your fishing info or pictures. The more we start getting it going the more people will want to start putting their pictures up. My cousin from Port Headland is now on-board along with his mate from down Walpole, so we are covering a fair bit of the coast and it would be great to start compiling some good stories and pictures from all over the state.

Bit of bad luck on the sambo front, were the pinkies size? How far out did you go?

Adam

Adam Gallash's picture

Days catch from

Wed, 2005-08-10 11:49

[img_assist|fid=1209|thumb=1|alt=7-8-05 catch|caption=Days catch from South West Rotto 7-8-05]

Was our catch from Sunday.. Pretty poor, but worth going out..

Well adam i will get to

Wed, 2005-08-10 12:02

Well adam i will get to work, i will post every monday or so with my mandurah report, i will try and cover everything from crabs to crayfish and bream to hapuka!!!
i will rummage up some photos of locals and might pick out a mandurah catch of the week or something if you are happy with that!

pinkies were about 50cm, we

Wed, 2005-08-10 12:20

pinkies were about 50cm, we were about 5 mile out, wasnt very pleasant!!!
try again tonight maybe

Adam Gallash's picture

Absolutely awesome Josh..

Wed, 2005-08-10 13:48

Absolutely awesome Josh.. Feel free to post up any pictures that you think are worthy.. If there are any which you think are standouts, let me know and I will make a photo of the week section which will stay on the frontpage until replaced with a better one.. The reports would be great as well as I'd like to get them happening from around the state..
Seeing as you have a fair few images, I will create your own gallery where you can put all your photos of you or your mates. Just so all your images aren't lost in page after page of pictures. I will post a forum topic for any user that want's their own gallery so they can post up some photos.. If you have any ideas on how to make things a bit better around the place, please let me know as i want to get this site as good as possible.

Cheers Mate
Adam