Fishing Thurs 13/08

So I went out fishing Mindarie on Thursday with a mate Wayne.  Had an awesome day after launching around 7, headed north west to his spots.  First drift was slow but it picked up after that with the first fish coming on board on my new Eupro Giant King and Shimano Symetre 4000 setup, a really good size scorpion fish.  Sent him back.. rebaited and dropped back down to hook up straight away.. This felt like a snapper with some headshakes but not a huge fish, got him to the surface and sure enough about a 45cm snapper.  Sent him back and remarked to Wayne 'I have never caught a legal pinkie' Wayne says 'well this could be the day'.

New baits and down I go again. 30seconds on the bottom and whack.. im on again with the shimano singing its song, more headshakes and obviously a much better fish.  A few mins of pump and wind and some good runs, up pops my first sized pink snapper at 710mm.

We took some photos and iki jimi'd the fish and put it into the esky.  Happy days! 

Fished the rest of the day for a variety of spots with it being a bit quiet for Wayne with only a skippy and the biggest fox fish I have seen.  I ended out with the pinkie, a reasonable baldchin grouper, a bloody nice fat KGW and a good cuttlefish caught on a whole sgnt baker on a snelled rig.

We both landed heaps of gurnard/scorpion fish also.

Got back to the ramp and unpacked, said thanks and went home. I filleted the snapper and KGW after giving the baldie to Wayne and put them as whole fillets into a tupperware container, but didnt snap the lid down.  I took the frames and heads next door to my neighbours so he and his wife could make their fish hotpot recipe.  Walk back to my place and the dog is in the back yard happy as larry.  Just as I say 'What are you so happy about' I see Banjo has knocked the lid off the tupperware container and proceeded to eat a whole fillet of my first legal sized pink snapper.

Its only just becoming funny now.

Image Upload: 

Anytime Brad's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/09

great catch

Mon, 2015-08-17 18:46

got to love the mut, glad to see you got onto a couple of fish.
Have to catch up again one day for another fish

I would rather be fishing

Fisheagle's picture

Date Joined: 04/02/12

Great read

Mon, 2015-08-17 19:59

Great read, good fish and love the dogshaming

Fisheagle Ed

https://www.youtube.com/user/fisheagleed/videos

Madmerv's picture

Date Joined: 24/01/15

Lol

Mon, 2015-08-17 20:29

Love the dog shaming. 

Sorry you didnt get the feed but.

Sometimes when the water is quiet, you can hear the fish laughing at you !

Date Joined: 17/06/10

Are you talking to the dog yet

Mon, 2015-08-17 20:53

You certainly look happy in the fish snaps, would love to have seen the photo of you after discovering what made the dog happy.

Tradewind's picture

Date Joined: 18/09/12

Tell you what, that KG looks

Tue, 2015-08-18 07:04

Tell you what, that KG looks like a Ripper

Well done!