furuno 585 transducer options

Hi all, looking for some advice from guys that have been down this path.

picking up a second hand boat, 6.5 alloy next week and it has a furuno 585 and the standard 600watt transducer. All my previous boats i have had the furuno and TM260 transducer but could never get it working properly.

looking at fitting either a SS164 or a pair of SS264 but not sure if the benifits are ther for the extra outlay. Mostly fishing from 60mtrs out to 150mtrs with the odd ruby drop out to 400mtrs. Do a bit of marlin fishing and want to mark bait in deeper water. Still not sure if i can access the hull but worst case will have brackets made up that mount off the transom which i know is not the best option but will work. 

I have searched through the forums and got heaps of info but would prefer comments from those who have done this. Is it worth the extra $1500 to go the pair of SS264 or will the SS164 be sufficient.

cheers

Marineboy's picture

Date Joined: 14/03/14

Trannys

Sun, 2015-11-15 08:56

pm roddo, he put a pair of ss264 wide beam trannys on a boat recently and is very happy with the results. Do your self a favour and talk to someone in the know like ch smith in Victoria, I went through this process a few months ago and their advice was sound. I ended up with a ss175wide beam but am yet to try it out. 

My spots are so secret even the fish don't know about them !

bouttime's picture

Date Joined: 27/07/06

Thanks mate will make a few

Sun, 2015-11-15 21:28

Thanks mate will make a few calls tomorrow and see whats best