Furuno 587 software update

Hi People would just like to share a bad experience i had with a Furuno dealer in Bunbury recently.I bought this unit from them about a year ago and recently took it back for a software update so I could disable the bottom depth reading from my bottom lock screen and have it on top left corner. I booked it in only to be told it had the latest software loaded so I took it home only to find a few weeks later from Taylor marine that it didn't , so back I go only to be told that I would have to wait 2 weeks for a update because they were booked up  i was not happy and spoke directly to the boss who pretty much said we have to look after our major clients and he couldn't believe that I was complaining about a software update even though I'd already had it there once.It took three weeks to do it they couldn't load the software on it and had tried several time and spent 6 hours with no luck so I rang Taylor marine and they tell me that they have had no issues with the 587 so I ring these idiots back telling them to ring Taylor marine as I have and see if they can sort it,after the third week the tec guy rings me telling me that they can't do it there's something wrong with the programe or something and it would be best to pick it up and send it to Taylor marine in freo ... Are you kidding me so I ring Taylor marine and speak to tec guy and ask him to ring them to see if he can help, now I must mention that when I spoke to Taylor marine they said that they would not charge me for the update even though I didn't buy it from them, so the tec rings them and rings me back saying that they were doing something wrong so I pretty much sourced the help they needed and they still charge me $88 dollars I can't believe it these guys also fitted my transducer which leaked water into the boat first trip wrong silicone used come to my house to fix it only to have no sikaflex on the ute so I supplied the sikaflex to fix their stuff up,let me just tell you to enjoy that 88 dollars that you charged me because it will be the last cent you see from me.

Carry's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

latest update

Sat, 2014-11-29 20:26

i didnt know we had to do software updates on our sounders i have a 587 i bought from taylor marine whats involved in it being downloaded and what does it improve.

We feel nothing but a certain difficulty in continuing to stand 

Date Joined: 04/09/14

When u use bottom lock the

Sat, 2014-11-29 20:31

When u use bottom lock the depth reading is in the way and you can't remove just make it smaller but its right in the way the new update allows you to turn it off 

unhurry's picture

Date Joined: 23/10/12

sheesh

Sat, 2014-11-29 21:39

shhesh mate ginodan, tough run that you have endured there, really sucks man!

Give me a clue who the dealership is so that I can boycott them whenever possible 

Carry's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/09

Ahhhhh

Sun, 2014-11-30 01:00

That ol chestnut , cheers

We feel nothing but a certain difficulty in continuing to stand 

Jackalchub's picture

Date Joined: 10/03/12

I've got the 627, and, I

Sun, 2014-11-30 03:39

I've got the 627, and, I know what you mean with the depth getting in the way of bottom lock. You can make your depth indicator a lot smaller in the settings which helps. But honestly, it's not that bad. 

Date Joined: 16/10/10

Ginodan was this business a

Sun, 2014-11-30 08:07

Ginodan was this business a boat dealership or electronics based?

The latter

Sun, 2014-11-30 09:00

The latter

Willlo's picture

Date Joined: 07/10/11

If its who i think you are

Mon, 2014-12-01 09:02

If its who i think you are referring to mate ,i feel your pain. Most arrogant mob i have dealt with and have never been back.The boss is ex Taylor Marine so you would think he had an idea. 

Call Sign - BZ785

Haynes Hunter Prowler CC

Spot on mate 

Mon, 2014-12-01 14:56

Spot on mate