Inshore Pink Snapper Action 21/05/05

We decided to go out for a couple of hours this morning even thou there was strengthening winds and rain on the way. Luckily it was just Bolts and I and we were able to hide under the covers when the squalls came. What a productive day it turned out to be, after a putting a few mulie cubes out as a berley trail the echo came alive and a 4 hour hotbite of snapper and small skippy proceeded with much celebration from the anglers. The snapper started off small but increased in size as the tide began to change and the bite became more frenzied. Getting past the skippy became a nuisance and a little bit of extra weight was added to previously unweighted mulie cubes to get them down to the bigger fish hanging off the bottom. After I hooked into a couple of big ones, bolts got into the action and landed his first, shortly after we became plauged by 3-4kg sambos with a few bigger ones amongst them causing us a few dramas in the 20 meters of water and light lines and rods. Even thou we lost quite a few sambos to the reef we were more than happy with our catch and we certainly threw back over 70 fish between us.

Heres a few of the happy anglers.
Cheers Adam
[img_assist|fid=107|thumb=1|alt=City Beach Snapper 21-05-05|caption=My Pink Snapper]

[img_assist|fid=110|thumb=1|alt=City Beach Snapper 21-05-05|caption=Damien Bolton with a nice Pinky]

[img_assist|fid=113|thumb=1|alt=City Beach Snapper 21-05-05|caption=Skippy on surface, Snapper below]

[img_assist|fid=116|thumb=1|alt=City Beach Snapper 21-05-05|caption=School was midrange when not feeding]

[img_assist|fid=119|thumb=1|alt=City Beach Snapper 21-05-05|caption=Small Sambo's - Released]

[img_assist|fid=122|thumb=1|alt=City Beach Snapper 21-05-05|caption=The days catch]

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance