Petition tabled-18000…

Let’s see if they listen or not.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0mBki2z7zDjxycPLbzNikNk8oyRiams1c9tpqxqj4WWJRZtgLoTCAbw3TVpdNbChPl&id=100084951014653

Give a man a mask, and he'll show you his true face...

The older you get the more you realize that no one has a f++king clue what they're doing.

Everyone's just winging it.

carnarvonite's picture

Date Joined: 24/07/07

Fingers crossed

Tue, 2022-10-11 20:07

Fingers crossed they take notice

BlueKiaser's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/15

A great effort

Tue, 2022-10-11 21:04

Regardless of the outcome, your efforts are much appreciated.

Rick's picture

Date Joined: 22/12/06

Numbers

Tue, 2022-10-11 21:13

18000 plus. it's a big number but still a drop compared to the total number of RBFL issued.

My guess is there will be a reduction in the proposed 9 month ban but probably still locked out for 6 months 

PGFC Member

Date Joined: 04/08/22

Late yesterday on abc radio

Wed, 2022-10-12 06:05

Late yesterday on abc radio said the state opposition has requested the government to reconsider there proposals and look for other alternatives. The opposition isn't exactly an army at the moment but at least they are listening 

Date Joined: 18/01/12

Petition was tabled by the

Wed, 2022-10-12 06:29

Petition was tabled by the opposition.

Agreed they certainly arent equipped to steamroll anything haha.

But regardless, the tide will turn the other way eventually and this will be leverage.

The older you get the more you realize that no one has a f++king clue what they're doing.

davewillo's picture

Date Joined: 08/09/16

Well done to all involved.

Wed, 2022-10-12 11:33

Well done to all involved. I've heard non-fishers talking about it recently so the profile has lifted significantly.

PGFC member and lure tragic

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

I even heard them mention

Wed, 2022-10-12 14:18

I even heard them mention about the petition on the radio here in hedland. More people are hearing about it now .

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

Date Joined: 16/05/09

This government is arrogant

Thu, 2022-10-13 06:00

This government is arrogant and don't give a shit, as it's a long way off to the next election.

rob90's picture

Date Joined: 06/02/13

Thanks to everyone

Thu, 2022-10-13 06:08

Thanks to everyone involved,  fingers crossed we don't get shafted as hard as they planned. My feeling is that they will reduce the planned closure time but slap some silly boat or fishing tax on to try deter fishers and line their pockets a little more.

Hi my name is rob............. and I'm a........... fishaholic

little johnny's picture

Date Joined: 04/12/11

Pretty sure

Thu, 2022-10-13 19:41

Cost of fuel enough to deter a fair few people . Cost of living going up heaps .

rob90's picture

Date Joined: 06/02/13

Not wrong there!

Thu, 2022-10-13 20:30

Not wrong there!

Hi my name is rob............. and I'm a........... fishaholic

BlueKiaser's picture

Fuel and inflation all up by design

Thu, 2022-10-13 23:57

The first thing Biden did when he got in power was cancel the Keystone pipeline to drive up Fuel/Energy costs and inflation.
The provocation of Russia to go into Ukraine was part of this Globalist plan to also push energy prices up (eg. blowing up the Nord Stream pipelines).

Now we will see big escalations in Ukraine and/or an October/November surprise stock market crash because Biden/Obama/Clinton cabal and co are panicking they may lose power in both houses of government in the November mid-term elections.
They are even talking up the risks of nukes and using a narrative that madman Putin may use them ... but that is likely just propaganda to cover their false flag nuke that they could use to derail the election. They have been busy passing laws to allow them to defer/delay/disallow the mid-term elections in the event of an emergency.

This is another great example of the Globalists work and use of their propaganda to generate hate and division towards Trump who had 4 years of relative world peace, booming economy, US were exporting oil (keeping the oil prices globally low) only to be replaced by a corrupt old Biden who is struggling with dementia.

For someone "with dementia"

Fri, 2022-10-14 05:11

For someone "with dementia" Biden seems to be quite clever.

Similar George W Bush, for someone widely lampooned for his gaffs and clumsiness is credited with planning 9/11

BlueKiaser's picture

Bidens Gaffes

Fri, 2022-10-14 06:54

I can barely keep us with Biden's Gaffes.
Even after my post about his dementia I read a report that a day or two ago during a speech in Colorado, Biden said his son Beau lost his life in Iraq when in actual fact his son was in Iraq in 2008, but died in 2015 from complications from a stroke.
Last week, another time when he decided to stop reading the teleprompter, he was trying to Thank a dead congress woman in the crowd who he had only days before acknowledged had passed away.
One of his pre-election promises was to cure cancer.
His Gaffes are endless.

uncle's picture

Date Joined: 10/02/07

Waiting

Sat, 2022-10-15 07:44

For the midterms

all aggressive fish love bigjohnsjigs

Date Joined: 16/05/09

Might break out the popcorn

Fri, 2022-10-14 05:06

Might break out the popcorn now....

Updates

Fri, 2022-10-14 05:17

So it is still ongoing, DPIRD, Minister, Premiers Office and Recfishwest are talking again.

Sign up for Recfishwest updates if you would like to hear from the horses mouth.

Should be safe, as I'm pretty sure Andrew Rowlands is not part of the "Globalist Agenda" and is not in contact with Biden on a daily basis.

I didnt hear anything about Nordstream and Globalists on it.

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Ha ha nice Rob, yeah

Fri, 2022-10-14 05:45

Ha ha nice Rob, yeah listened to the update. Sounds like they finally got the message and our attention. Hat's of to you and others for your committment and efforts. 

Love the West!

I still wouldn't bet the

Sat, 2022-10-15 05:08

I still wouldn't bet the family farm or even a carton of VB (I hate VB)

For the moment we are passengers on this ride.

Undoubtedly there will be many unhappy if ANYTHING is changed, but that aint gonna happen

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Mate have I got a story

Sat, 2022-10-15 09:07

Mate have I got a story about how much I hate VB, but that's for another thread lol.

Love the West!

Brock O's picture

Date Joined: 11/01/08

Got to agree with Rick and

Fri, 2022-10-14 07:17

Got to agree with Rick and Bill above...best case would be a compromise and period reduced to 6 months, but given the governments arrogance and power atm we will be stuck with it until at least the next election.

BlueKiaser's picture

Fisheries Science

Sat, 2022-10-15 08:46

From what I have read of the recent Fisheries publications, my feeling is we will struggle to have much influence on their current proposals.

Anything less than a 6 month recreational ban, plus other stringent limitations and restrictions would likely mean they need to rewrite their recent 20 year plan in which they now only have 7 or 8 years (2030) to get their assessment numbers sorted. And then remember, likely another 10 years (until 2040) of the same restrictions on us, for Step 3 (building stock resillience) of their recovery plan.

And I'm not sure any change in government will have the desired effect on the Fisheries scientists that are contributing to these publications.
Changes to government in the past has not relaxed any of our pre-2010 restrictions (and when a government has full control of parliament, we see further harsher proposals and restrictions, like now).

But all said and done, again, it's great to see some effort being made by RecFishWest and others.
I just think we need to get to the core of the issue and have the Fisheries (scientists) explain their current estimates of the biomass (in tonnes) otherwise they will simply continue to play the stock sustainability card as their justification for further restrictions.