Two Rocks 23/4/2011

Hey guys. we had a late morning start yesterday at 11am out of two rocks. the swell was kickin it and it made for some fun on the way out. glad we had travelcalm or i woulda been burleying for the whole day. anyway, i started off with plastics - 7inch Slams. got some good smacks but no hookups. Rob then switched to bait and soon had a sgt. baker on board. put him into the tank for bait if we ran out. i then switched to bait, and that drift managed a just undersized dhuie and a tiny blackass. next drift, rob managed to pull up a stonka blackarse, which went straight into the esky. i then managed a smaller blackarse, but he also went into the esky. things went a little quiet so we set up a redrift, and just as crossed the mark, rob was on again. this time, a nice sized baldie. next drop, he had another baldie on board. in the meantime, i managed to pull about about 3 tiny blackarse, one scorpionfish (or spiky,poisonous thing) and a large norwester. in the next 3 hours, we had little luck. we finally managed to hit a good patch, which resulted in rob and i hooked up. my fish was a nice baldie; robs was a very nice queenie. the next fish up, after a long fight, had us calling a big dhuie, arose a big blackarse. we already had 2 on board, so we released the guy with the release weight. felt good releasing it.

final catch was:

8 baldies, 2 kept

5 blackarse, 2 kept

an undersized dhuie

Queen snapper

2 norwesters

3 scorps

two wrasse

got into the marina at 8pm to start the trek back home. we stayed out longer than we expected, because the conditions were absolutely mint. didnt take long at all to get back in. we headed out this morning aswell, hoping to replicate the efforts. the day was pretty much over before it started. we got 2kms out and turns around because it was way too rough. the top half of our bodies were absolutely soaked. hoping monday stays good, hoping to get out again. i have some pics of the fish at home, but i will put up the actual pics of the fish when i get them tomorrow.

cheers guys.

bludgin' since 94'

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 24/11/10

Nice catch,

Sun, 2011-04-24 06:36

Good mixed bag there, was it Friday or Sat you were out ?

Lifes a game but fishing is serious !!!

DieHard's picture

Date Joined: 06/10/08

Get ya beard back you ginger

Sun, 2011-04-24 08:29

Get ya beard back you ginger slag ;D

and getting a new hat any time soon? ahahha

Nice work on the baldies!

DieHard – The Official “Ray & Shark” Chaser!

Leemo's picture

Date Joined: 22/02/07

Friday we got the fish, also

Sun, 2011-04-24 08:52

Friday we got the fish, also went out saturday. yeah i know eric, had to get rid of it for my ball. wont be too long before i get it back haha

bludgin' since 94'

DieHard's picture

Date Joined: 06/10/08

they made you get rid of it?

Sun, 2011-04-24 09:03

they made you get rid of it?

DieHard – The Official “Ray & Shark” Chaser!

milsey's picture

Date Joined: 22/08/07

Well done mate, not much

Sun, 2011-04-24 09:56

Well done mate, not much better than fresh baldie and BB

Date Joined: 27/12/06

Nice 1 leemo

Sun, 2011-04-24 14:35

Good feed there mate

troy fuller's picture

Date Joined: 30/08/10

The weather on saturday was

Sun, 2011-04-24 14:37

The weather on saturday was shocking.. We ended coming back in around 12.

Tomorrow is looking the goods!