Tworocks 26/7/08 * Re-post *

** Re-post again for people that cant view **

Well after the arvo chasin deepwater species on (25/7/08) i was happy to clean my catch the next day but a few mates said bugger that lets go fishing so with minimal arm twisting i was there. The only criterea i stipulated was it had to be an arvo session once again!

That said & agreed, we launched with no que which you would expect from a near lunch time launch. I ended up fishing a few spots that i havn't fished for a while with not much happening. Ended up going back to a few fav spots as the arvo got on! We ended up with a feed with no massive stonka's but a good feed & some fun!

Rick with a nice late-arvo dhu!

Big Mick as the name says tells you the story, lets say this good pinky is very small against the big!

We ended up with plenty of black bum and a fair few blue spot flathead which i also rate as a nice plate fish~

I had one of those arvo's that produced a mixture of everything including alot of these KG's, this was the first one and the smallest........the rest just got bigger & bigger.........no complaints!

Had a great arvo session and we released plenty of fish also!

Date Joined: 01/01/70

Nice Miixed bag..

Tue, 2008-07-29 12:46

A good selection and nice mixed bag there....

deefa's picture

Date Joined: 09/09/05

Surely you released all of

Tue, 2008-07-29 14:33

CoolTongue outWink

(nice job Ryan- good to see ya getting amongst 'em... still... ya mongrel)

Date Joined: 24/05/08

Nice

Tue, 2008-07-29 17:47

Ryan - always thought of fishing out of 2 rocks but never get up there.  How deep  do you need to go to make it worth the trip? - I normally try and stay within 12nm with my boat on a good day.

luke george's picture

Date Joined: 13/04/07

tips

Tue, 2008-07-29 18:00

great fish mate just wondering if you have got any tips on chasing big kg's i have been trying for around 2 years and just cant get them. In the sound i can do its easy getting average 10 nice whiting a trip but going out i have no chance. Ive tried everything people tell me find sand around 30 odd meters fish fresh squid small hooks but i can only ever manage decent sand whiting hundreds of them but still no kg's how can i change that?

Work is just for people who havn't discovered fishing

info!

Tue, 2008-07-29 18:22

Waterman, I fish 30-40m of water and travel only as far as i need to catch fish. Plenty of fish inclose with that prefered range ie 12nm! 

Smaller hooks ie 1/0-2/0 and squid or ocky works well. Yes any of the broken ground in that 30-40m with sand around can produce big KG's but it's a hit-n-miss thing also. I use my sounder and spot the KG grounds before dropping. When you do this/ produce a fish or two then just replicate that ground for more of the same!

All the best! 

* Oceanside- Advice, Knowledge, Experience....that's our difference *

Owner/Operator "Oceanside Tackle & Marine"
364 South Street, O'Connor, Perth Ph# 9337 5682

Dean's picture

Date Joined: 23/02/07

I'd say they are one of the

Tue, 2008-07-29 18:31

I'd say they are one of the hardest species to find and catch regulary. We pick up the occasional one of a coral lump, but finding those spots which produce them in high numbers is pretty difficult.

work at it!

Tue, 2008-07-29 18:42

Agree Dean. One KG is welcomed and to get a quantity of is a prized catch that not everyone gets into, gotta work at it!

*Oceanside- Advice, Knowledge, Experience....that's our difference *

Owner/Operator "Oceanside Tackle & Marine"
364 South Street, O'Connor, Perth Ph# 9337 5682

diji's picture

Date Joined: 31/03/07

Good arvo

Tue, 2008-07-29 23:14

have to make it up that way,nice catch ryan