Abrolhos trip - who's interested? - Less than $1000 :D

Hi guys,

I've spoken to Craig at SW Charters and he's mentioned he'd like to do one last trip before the Abrolhos season finishes this year.

If any of you guys have been out with Craig, you'll know that hes a great guy and even better skipper. I've been sambo jigging a few times with him, and i've heard some great reports about the abrolhos (something about a one drop dhuie spot? ;) ). Craig has lots of different ground, and a fair few spots in shallower areas for when the wind picks up a bit. Mostly fishing for fun, not fillets (but of course some fillets will be taken home Laughing). Craig has mentioned that quite often they'll use jigs and plastics when picking up bottom fish like dhuies, baldies and coral trout, as well as putting some lures out the back for mackies and whatever else pops up. So should be pretty good for the guys who are really into their sports fishing (but still great for those guys who like like trading some bait for nice white fillets). Craig is pretty accomodating, so its up to us what we choose to do.

Usually the trips run the four days, get up there thursday, sleep on the boat, head to the abrolhos friday morning, then fish fri, sat, sun, mon and head back in the arvo. Everything is included, except alcohol (and if we get enough people i'm sure I can provide some :D)

No dates yet, as we can see what suits. If we can get enough people, then it will be a great trip, and for the rate we've got, it going be an even better price. Wink (PM me if you want more details). Saltwater Charters Website.

Looking for about 6-8 people in total, so with around 55' of boat to play with theres heaps of room. 

Edit: Got a bit confused with the available dates, and as Craig is heading off for prawn season, it will be the one possible weekend only.

The date will be 17th-20th July (Thu evening, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, back Monday arvo). There might be a small bit of wiggle room there (and if need be we can make it 3 days).

Cost will be only $1000 (its normally $1400), so get in quick to make use of a great value trip Laughing

allrounder's picture

Date Joined: 10/11/08

pm me a price

Wed, 2009-07-01 15:10

when you have a chance i may be able to fill a few of the spots

So tell me have you got your info from years on the water or hours on the internet?

• was sponsored by Atomic Lures and Shimano but they dropped me.Now sponsored by Fog Dog(The best fish coating out there) and raider lures.

damo6230's picture

Date Joined: 07/06/08

Matt

Wed, 2009-07-01 15:42

PM some prices and likely dates etc.

cheers

Date Joined: 17/05/09

ill be interested same as

Wed, 2009-07-01 16:44

ill be interested same as damo need some likely dates and prices

I wanna get free! im gonna get free! right into the sun!