Boat Ramp Behaviour
Hello all, Just wanted to bring this up again after a few interesting encounters at boat ramps in the river over the last few weeks.
1. If you are on a single Jet-Ski and have taken 48 of your friends out, please dont have them park in the retrieve/launch bays while they collect their mountain of equipment from your jetski. There are usually rig up/down bays metres away where this is suitable behaviour.
2. If the above is you, and you notice boats queuing up waiting for the ramp. Tell your mates to move in a smart fashion. After being told, one bloke walked back and forth from the jetski to his car four times taking another 5 minutes to move while there were four boats waiting.
3. One way means one way. Dont drive your vehicle without a trailer the wrong way out of a one way boat ramp carpark holding up cars with boat trailers and receiving and ignoring comments from everyone just because and I quote 'I can make it'.
4. Queue proceedure. If you have brought your boat in to shore and dropped someone off to get your trailer, the trailer enters the queue. Just because your boat is on the beach next to the ramp does not mean it is your turn. I had a dickhead in a ford territory park between me and another vehicle and trailer who had just arrived in the launch/retrieve lanes as I was about to reverse down to launch the boat. All I could do is look at this dickhead in disbelief as the whole area is packed out with kids and families. There are three Launch/Retrieve lanes at this ramp, the two left hand occupied, right unoccupied and this dick literally parked between the two of us in the left hand lanes. After launching I watched them back down the middle of a two lane ramp and hold the ramp up for the next 5 minutes unloading people and shit from the boat.
5. Rig up/Down areas are where you load/unload your boat, undo trailer straps, put in bungs etc. Dont muck around on the ramp and hold everyone else up because you are disorganised.
6. If you are a car without trailer, and have no reason to enter the launch/retrieve lane JUST STAY OUT OF THE AREA.
I think that will do for now.