Broom - End of September 2014

G'Day All,

I am off to Broome the end of September and am looking for some tips on places to fish.

Am taking my surf rod and a lighter rod suitable for up to 5kg bait/lure play.....

Can anyone provide me some background info and tips on locations ?

I am staying across from cable beach at the Palm grove Leisure Park so am keen to walk across th road and have a beer or two surf fishing watching the sun go down.

Am booking a day out fishing on the reef also.

Happy fishing all.

Ado

Regards

Ado1968

Swompa's picture

Date Joined: 14/10/12

Balloons off Ganthume point,

Wed, 2014-07-23 19:09

Balloons off Ganthume point, or flicking twisties either side of the high tide.

Jetty is also good apparently.

I am going up at End of August. 

Ado1968's picture

Date Joined: 22/07/14

Balloons off Ganthume Point

Thu, 2014-07-24 08:11

Thanks Swompa,

With the ballooning, what sort of bait would I be using ? Any specific rig and sinker size ?

Any experience with Willie Creek ?

Cheers.

Ado

Regards

Ado1968

Swompa's picture

Date Joined: 14/10/12

Never actually done it, but

Thu, 2014-07-24 12:38

Never actually done it, but there is deep water, and I have been told by some very reliable that it works - and it makes sense too.

I have fished Crab Creek and Jacks Creek. No experience with Willie Creek, though there are a few resident Crocs as far as I believe.

I have never had luck when there are big tides, as the water stirs up, so if you are on mid/small tides, you should do OK.

Date Joined: 06/05/12

Barra should have started in

Thu, 2014-07-24 17:14

Barra should have started in Barred, Willie, and Dampier creeks. They like lures especially early in the season ! Flouro green the best colours