CALAMARI CLASSIC 2013 and participants discounts

Hi guys,

Its that time of year again when the squid start making a strong appearance along our coast. Their always fun to target and you get an awesome feed from them too. So why not join likely minded anglers on the 28th of July for the Annual Calamari Classic 2013.

The event is aimed at Boat anglers, Kayak anglers and Shore anglers of all skill levels, Whether your a weekend warrior or a hardcore angler thats chasing them 1kg + squid then join in.

For those wanting to participate please read both the Entry form and Rules and Regulations to ensure everyone has a good time. Just click on the links below and fill out the form and follow its instructions for payement.

Calamari Classic 2013 - Entry Form

Calamari Classic 2013 - Rules and Regulations

Oceanside Tackle and Marine would also like to offer a 15% discount off all Squid jigs, Rods, Line, Tools and accessories to Fishwrecked members up until Sunday 14th of July.

Goodluck all as it should be a top day!

Oceanside Team - Specializing in Jigging for demersal, Super Deep Fishing and Cockburn Sound Pink Snapper.

Don't forget to ~ Like us on Facebook ~ 

Phone #(08) 9337 5682 - Shop 4/364 South Street O'Connor - OPEN 7 Days

Date Joined: 18/10/12

what if us shore based

Fri, 2013-07-05 16:46

what if us shore based anglers dont get 5 squid lol.

Oceanside Tackle's picture

Date Joined: 23/07/09

Squid

Fri, 2013-07-05 17:02

Thats all good mate you simply weigh what you do catch

Oceanside Team - Specializing in Jigging for demersal, Super Deep Fishing and Cockburn Sound Pink Snapper.

SquidHunter86's picture

Date Joined: 16/03/12

SquidHuntersPerth@groups.facebook.com

Fri, 2013-07-12 14:39

Im definately gonna be in it this year. And hoping a few more of the guys from my group SquidHuntersPerth@groups.facebook.com will be also.

Definately also will be paying Oceanside tackle & Marine a visit too stock up on Jigs for the event.

-Dan

SquidHunter86's picture

Date Joined: 16/03/12

Sorry Guys

Tue, 2013-07-23 09:35

I accidentally posted the email for my group the link too it is https://www.facebook.com/groups/SquidHuntersPerth/

Sand_whiting's picture

Date Joined: 21/07/12

sounds good. 

Wed, 2013-07-24 20:04

sounds good. 

Early to bed ... early to rise ... fish all day... this is our lives. 

poser's picture

Date Joined: 25/01/13

is that 15% off all rods in

Thu, 2013-07-25 12:55

is that 15% off all rods in store or ?

Oceanside Tackle's picture

Date Joined: 23/07/09

Squid Rods

Thu, 2013-07-25 13:16

Yes thats correct 15% OFF all egi rods.

We've also just received another order of Hearty Rise " Egi Force " rods in both B & C models.

Calamari Classic is on this Sunday so get in and top up on jigs, egi rods & accessories.

Shorty's picture

Date Joined: 10/05/08

Was a very tough classic for

Sun, 2013-07-28 15:11

Was a very tough classic for myself in the kayaks,,with the weather forecast i think we lost more than half the field to those that thought a warm bed would be preferable a cold morning out.

I started off at a bay near Woodmans point,normally theres a dozen kayaks unloading from the carpark but i had it to myself, on the water by 7.00am but snapped a rudder pin on the shore break which was not the best of starts,by 9 am i had only one little one a good finish was looking dicey despite no kayaks or boats in the area,,around 10 am got another couple and that was all for the day.

Thanks to Paul,Mike and the other fellow that always assists (name escapes me at the moment)all the sponsors and the sausage sizzle,looking forward to the next one but hope they are closer to summer in the futureas i am getting to old for these cold morning starts

Well done to all the place getters seems the squid had lockjaw or were sleeping in as it was very tough.

Moking's picture

Date Joined: 30/05/12

Yes -I agree it was pretty

Sun, 2013-07-28 16:09

Yes -I agree it was pretty choppy out there early in the morning.

I decided to head over to Garden Island,just to get out of the wind and sloppy chop. It was a lot more comfortable squidding there,drifting over the weed banks-but not a lot of squid,and what I caught were very small.

My total bag catch was beaten by the single largest squid caught by someone!

Oh well-there's always next year.

And thanks also to the organizers.

My Dad taught me how to Fish-Thanks Dad.(RIP)

Goodz's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/09

What weight won the kayak

Sun, 2013-07-28 15:25

What weight won the kayak section Shorty? I was considering going but opted to work and earn some money instead after this bad weather has put me behind. I figured it would be hard going with murky water and the wind forecast didn't look ideal. How did the boaties go too, some big ones caught?

Shorty's picture

Date Joined: 10/05/08

I think it was a bit over 2

Sun, 2013-07-28 17:08

I think it was a bit over 2 kilos for the kayaks ,some good bags in the boats but i was not paying a lot of attention during presantions as i was catching up with kayakers i have not seen since the last Classic.

I know of 3 kayaks that headed over near Manglies bay and reported the chop was not so bad there

Date Joined: 18/10/12

i think they mentioned at

Sun, 2013-07-28 20:08

i think they mentioned at the weighin that the next one is in september?

was a hard slogg for us landbased squiders to.

Sand_whiting's picture

Date Joined: 21/07/12

Any pics

Mon, 2013-08-05 08:17

So disappointed... I didn't register coz it was to late. Have you got any pics of the days catch?

Charlie

Early to bed ... early to rise ... fish all day... this is our lives.