Daddy Boat in AIBT and GAMEX 2011

The week it was ..started with the AIBT first.   Day one   started with fresh crew and a great attitude on day 1. 

First day was a day of trawling...  First fish was Baz's Sailfish popped his cherry. Was a great little fish we switched up from a plastic to a bait.

Day 2.  Very uneventful day but still raised 3 Billies.

Day 3.  Was a long rough day , we went out wide and trying to play with the big boys no no avail.  We decided to head home about 1ish to beat the rush at the ramp . We raised a sail on the 37kg which i hooked and landed. We did the big turn around and set the spread and Cliff hooked up again on the same lure and the same rod. So that was 2 on the 37kg..

Equals 1 on 15kg and 2 on 37kg which equals 1000 points.  for team deepwater.

Runner up Tag & Release Sailfish section.. Team deepwater.

GAMEX

Going to cut this one a little short as only 1 fish weighed in.  and 4 tagged sharks.

Most days were pretty reasonable conditions with some real crap moments in between..  raised about 11 billfish in the 6 days for 0 tags. not even 1 hook up. 

Day 4  we were out trawling the 400m mark when the 10kg went screaming out , it didnt jump so i got the little fella up to take charge. After 10minutes he had the monster subdued and it was a 13kg Wahoo. I rang the wife to let her know we would be weighing in a fish for a photo as it was our first fish for the boat to ever be weighed in.  Vicky ( Deepwater widow) rang back with the news i was hopeing for .. the state record was 12.4 kg so we were hoping it was gonna be bigger than that.

Last day of fishing we were fishing in the passage and we picked up some snapper for tea and 2 of the sharks.

Presentation night was the night we were waiting for...  Alex collected the prize we were hoping he hadn't been beaten on the last day.  Alex took out the 10kg line class section winning a Shimano T-Curve rod and a Tyrnos 16 with some tackle and lures and 1000m of 10kg line and some vouchers.

Was a fantastic prize to add to his growing collection.

Big thanks to all my crew AIBT..Cliff and Baz thankyou very much and GAMEX a big thanks to My uncle Simmo and Alex my main man..

Jeff

P.S  A BIG WELL DONE TO ALL THE WORTHY BOYS.VERY WORTHY WINNERS .        IT WAS GREAT TO CATCH UP WITH YOU AT BOTH TOURNAMENTS  THANKS A LOT GUYS.

Image Upload: 

Lamby's picture

Date Joined: 04/08/09

Top stuff & a good read, well

Sun, 2011-03-27 18:57

Top stuff & a good read, well done to Alex, the team & yourself mate.

ps. fat spango in that pic

carnarvonite's picture

Date Joined: 24/07/07

Awesome

Sun, 2011-03-27 19:22

Well done boys. Looks like you had to do some work for your fish for a change!!! [ tongue in cheek]

aalfred's picture

Date Joined: 13/06/09

Great effort, well done!

Sun, 2011-03-27 19:30

Great effort, well done!

Date Joined: 09/11/06

nice report

Sun, 2011-03-27 19:47

Well done , and some nice pics.

Lucky Tim's picture

Date Joined: 28/11/07

Great stuff Nelsons, Alex has

Sun, 2011-03-27 19:57

Great stuff Nelsons, Alex has done very well for himself over the last few years.

Maybe we'll get him that marlin soon during a social fish instead.

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

awesome

Sun, 2011-03-27 20:10

Awesome mate, well done on the top effort over the weeks.

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

Faulkner Family's picture

Date Joined: 11/03/08

great effort there jeff. a

Sun, 2011-03-27 22:44

great effort there jeff. a big congrats goes to Alex on the win and record. Well done to you guys on the runner up in the AIBT. maybe next year you will go one better. 

Nice spango's for dinner

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

soupster51's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/06

Awesome

Mon, 2011-03-28 01:00

Sounds like a good trip and topped off with the win for the young fella. Great stuff. I can't wait until my young guy (only four right now) is able to spend some time on the boat (that would mean being able to sit still for longer than five minutes so it isn't going to happen anytime soon ).

The best reason for doing what's right today is tomorrow.

deepwater's picture

Date Joined: 09/05/07

AIBT and gamex

Mon, 2011-03-28 06:10

thank all it was a great 2weeks thats for sure ,Alex lost 2 billies so he is a keen as ever to get one ,so as soon i get a chance we are there mate ,

the snapper was good eating the russ it was a by product but ever well liked

having the little man on board was great ,it was hard for him but stud up to the challange ,he is 7

thanks all

jeff