Do you like your Xzoga Taka-Si 6012

Well i have only used my Xzoga once and find that you really have to tighten the reel seat locking nut to fit the reel firmly to the rod. Once i started jigging i found that my fingers seemed to loosen the nut so i decided to put a bit of electrical tape on there to stop it moving. When i got hooked up to a half decent fish i swear it felt like the reel moved around a tiny bit even though its locked onto the rod quite firmly. Maybe all parabolic jig rods are like that and i'm just used to using graphite soft plastic type rods which dont bend all the way through the rod.

Does anyone else find there fingers sit on the locking nut and loosen it ???

Is there anything better than electrical tape to stop the nut comming loose ???

Apart from these minor issues the rod is good, i'm almost tempted to grab a Taka-Si 6013 and Caldia 4000 to jig 110-150g jigs.

cheers tim

Love light jigging

hlokk's picture

Date Joined: 04/04/08

I have one and its great!

Wed, 2012-05-23 16:09

I have one and its great! Jigged a lot of fish with it. Never had any problem with the locking nut coming loose. Like all rods, you should tighten it well to stop it loosening when you're loaded up, but usually in a session i'll give it a tiny turn to lock it in that last bit while loaded. Also, wiggle the reel a bit to make sure you find the 'minimum position'. This applies for pretty much all my jigging rods though. I've never had the nut loosen though.

To tighten, I wrap my middle finger fully around the nut then you can leverage it in night and tight.

Perhaps your reel foot is a bit different to mine though?

ALEXANG3's picture

Date Joined: 09/01/11

Hey Tim, can't comment on the

Wed, 2012-05-23 16:18

Hey Tim, can't comment on the 6012 sorry mate, but I do have the Taka-Si 6013 and am a big fan.  I have it matched with a 5000 Stella and it is my favourite combo for plastics and jigs.  I've tussled with some very solid fish on the outfit and can't say i've had any issues with the nut/reel coming loose.  I will pay a bit more attention next time i'm using it to see if i can think of any solutions to your issues.

Cheers,

Alex 

Demersal Jigger's picture

Date Joined: 23/04/12

Here is what my reel seat

Wed, 2012-05-23 16:19

Here is what my reel seat looks like

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii491/Demersal-Jigger/caldia.jpg

cheers tim 

Love light jigging

Demersal Jigger's picture

Date Joined: 23/04/12

It's not loosening to the

Wed, 2012-05-23 17:28

It's not loosening to the point where i think the reel is going to fall off or anything. My mate has the same rod with a 3000 Morethan Branzino and he says every 15 mins or so he gives the nut a quick tighten as his slightly loosen's as well.

Maybe i just need to crank it on a bit harder

cheers tim

Love light jigging

Brad Y's picture

Date Joined: 03/02/12

I havent got a problem with

Tue, 2012-05-29 07:17

I havent got a problem with my taka 6312.  Do it up tight and I dont have to touch it.  Used it all day last saturday without hassle.

Fish for thrills....