Dogs and blowfish don't mix well

My neighbours returned this morning from a few days holidaying at Jurien Bay.  The sad news was that 'Jackson' their border collie didn't survive the trip.  Very sad, he was a lovely dog.  Whilst fishing with their two young children from a jetty / wharf Jackson ate one or more dead blowfish left on the wharf.  It proved fatal.  The family is understandably devastated.  

Be careful with your treasured pets everyone.     

____________________________________________________________________________

      


Faulkner Family's picture

Posts: 17938

Date Joined: 11/03/08

Not good at all. I could

Tue, 2023-01-31 17:10

Not good at all. I could never understand why people just leave them lying around to sink up the place

____________________________________________________________________________

RUSS and SANDY. A family that fishes together stays together

Swompa's picture

Posts: 3843

Date Joined: 14/10/12

 Bugger. I used to work just

Wed, 2023-02-01 10:52

 Bugger. 

I used to work just at the onshore end of Como jetty and when the wife would come for lunch, she would bring the dog. There were always piles of blowies there. It was her first experience with one as we dragged it backwards out of her mouth...she never touched one again. 

davewillo's picture

Posts: 2338

Date Joined: 08/09/16

 Very sad for the family. I

Wed, 2023-02-01 12:31

 Very sad for the family. I always throw blowies back and watch my dog like a hawk at the beach.

____________________________________________________________________________

 PGFC member and lure tragic

sea-kem's picture

Posts: 14911

Date Joined: 30/11/09

 That is just too Fcken sad

Wed, 2023-02-01 14:25

 That is just too Fcken sad Alan. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Love the West!

Posts: 950

Date Joined: 26/03/17

yeah that sux :/ would be

Thu, 2023-02-02 12:37

yeah that sux :/ would be devestating. very toxic, and i hate how people leaveso many just lying on the shore. have had to pull them out of my dogs mouth a number of times. have lost track of how many dogs i have had to make vomit because of eating blowies :/