Fishing the North Mole 11/2/10

Hi There,

Went fishing yesterday with Chan,and his Mrs, we started at the South Mole but it was blowing a gale so we sought refuge among the rocks of the North Mole.

We got there at about 6pm and started fishing for light stuff whilst Chan was rigging up his rods for the bigger stuff. We caught a few whiting and then Chan put one out as a live bait. All went quiet for a bit and then it was on again!

Chan had a couple of big bites and runs on the heavier gear, and at 9:30pm we had probably 10 whiting, 4 herring, 1 skippy. I then had to leave, as I got halfway home i got a txt to say that he had caught a 43cm Tailor. I hear that from then until 3.30am the whiting did not stop biting and the tailor were on the bite as well.

Was a great night out fishing.

Dannyg

flangies's picture

Date Joined: 11/05/08

sounds like you and CHAN had

Fri, 2010-02-12 20:48

sounds like you and CHAN had a nice night :) how many runs did he get?

Date Joined: 28/01/10

CHAN

Fri, 2010-02-12 21:02

Sorry, typo :)

We did have a good night - As i said i left at 9:30pm - he had one good run on the big rod, and the other one took a massive chunk out of the livie.

flangies's picture

100 bucks says he was

Fri, 2010-02-12 22:11

100 bucks says he was chasing sharks , knowing him :)

Heard there have been a few that way lately.

Date Joined: 04/01/09

yea, first one had one chunk

Fri, 2010-02-12 22:13

yea, first one had one chunk taken out of the livie. Very wide shaped chunk, not small either. Second one, the bait was fully mashed and most was missing, got some of the tail half back. Last one, the run went for a while, as soon as i picked up my rod, it spat it. Reeled in and bait looks nearly untouched, like no teeth marks or anything. Leader was a lil grazed by teeth most likely so i think it has to be something big enough to mouth the whole thing then picky enough to dump it when it felt resistance, no idea what any of the runs could be. Highly doubted was rays coz i fish enough rays and no way they'd get away unhooked. My rigs used were, 2 sliding snell 7/0 gama circles on live bait slide rig and impact (grapnel) sinker. *shrugs* fck knows but im still tryin to get the new rod loaded, still unsuccessful so far. I dont wanna break it in on a ray lol.

flangies's picture

I knew i'd get you onto

Fri, 2010-02-12 22:19

I knew i'd get you onto those gama circles :)
Maybe that was why you didnt hook up also.
Where was my invite?! Me and daniel been doing alot of herring sessions so i've got about 40 in my freezer ready for a shark sesh. heard woodies is going pretty good atm if you can get between the crowd

sorry dude, you told me u

Fri, 2010-02-12 22:29

sorry dude, you told me u were full on this week so _|_ lol. Its the open ssw in the face that bothers me lol. It was like a rush out of work and go thing. Wasnt planned that well heh. Saw alot scalies, whiting, yellowtail, skippy, herring, tailor gettin picked up. We need to go on a full shark mode night sometime soon. Im itching for it... Badly. Tomorrow lol? Haha

flangies's picture

Actually i may be able to go

Fri, 2010-02-12 22:31

Actually i may be able to go tomorrow, Will let you know.. Depends if the guys are having a lan night or not. 5 days man, im itching so badly

no shit me wants to load up,

Fri, 2010-02-12 22:46

no shit me wants to load up, just not anymore nor western kkplsthx! Gotta check weather and im good. Got work then i finish at 4pm if u wana go. But u gotta let me know if u need any tackle or bait from work so i can bring it. I wouldnt mind goin for a flick. I'll ask to see if danny wants to come with too. Probably somewhere other than the mole unless winds are shit the we might need the cover. Let me know tho dude.