Fishwrecked 2006 Mindarie Invitational Report

The Mindarie Fishwrecked 2006 Invitational was held last Sunday and was a great day out. Thanks goes out to skippers Andy Mac, Stiff Ripples,  and Shag and also to the anglers that participated. We all managed to get into a few fish each and the cold beers at the end of the day was sweetened by good company.
The trophies went to Sherbert for the mystery prize of his monster Flathead, Luke for the biggest fish being a 10kg dhufish and the points system going to Andy Mac for most variety/size.
I'm sure that now that the first has been held and the teething issues are out of the way we can have more in the new year and hopefully not have to worry about Chrissie parties interrupting others wishing to join.
Thanks again guys and heres to the next one being bigger and better! 
Cheers,
Adam

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Good stuff

Thu, 2007-02-08 18:58

Looks like Andy's going to hold the title of fishwrecked invitational winner for some time. If I get anytime off to come down from Exxy I will host another one, until then it will have to wait until early 2008. ;(

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

True true

Thu, 2007-02-08 19:03

Might have to leave the one down here in the capable hands of Mr Mac. I will see what I can organise up there once I get sorted. I will try and also get the Port Hedland boys setup for theirs and it could turn out to be a large almost statewide event.

Andy Mac's picture

Date Joined: 03/02/06

Who said the organiser can't win!!!!

Thu, 2007-02-08 19:29

Hehehe, I'm good at organising and then stuffing my own chances up, so I guarantee I'll find a way to catch a ship load of non-scoring species.

We will definately have to organise another event. I think in April would be a good time given the prevailing wind and weather is usually good and a lot of the spawning aggregations (Dhuies and Sambo's)will have well dispersed so there won't be too many big fish kills going on.

I'll start another thread in a week or two and see what the response is like.

If we can get enough numbers I will look at a major sponsored event with a hired venue etc. Make a big day of it if we can. Time is the issue though so maybe just another mini comp this year but with plans for a major event next year.

If it was well publisised we could even look to have a comp within a comp and set out a challenge to the other websites FWA, Hotbite and Wangler to join in the fun and select say two boats each as their representative team and hold a perpetual trophy. Might be a bit of fun, with proceeds going to a local charity or to a fisheries research program. Hows that for an idea?

Cheers

Andy Mac

Cheers

Andy Mac (Fishwrecked Reeltime Editor & Forum Moderator)

Youngest member of the Fishwrecked Old Farts Club

jay_burgess's picture

Date Joined: 18/08/05

I'd probably compete in

Thu, 2007-02-08 20:25

I'd probably compete in Karratha against the Hedland guys if u got one organised... not a great deal of difference and quite even I think.

-----------------
Jay Burgess

Tim's picture

Date Joined: 26/09/06

South of the River

Thu, 2007-02-08 20:55

How about doing one out of somewhere like woodies for those of us that fish SOR. Still isnt that far south for the northeners to come down.