Fishwrecked 2009

Hi Crew,

Just returned back from a week in the deep south and heading back to Exmouth for another season tomorrow.  Got a heap of king george, herring, salmon trout, skippy, sand whiting and bay snapper.  Only had 3 breaming sessions during the week as the river water was very fresh; managed one small one but was very quiet.  Didn't manage to get offshore either which was quite disappointing, one highlight was Poida getting 3 salmon, coupla small snapper and yellowfin whiting off the beach.  Great weather and a bit windy a few days, but awesome to be in the south west for a little while.

Anyway, onto site stuff.  Looks like there were a few schenadigans on New Years Day.  What really confuses me is that people have nothing better to do with themselves than to try and cause trouble and upset people on an internet fishing website.  I mean, how boring do your lives have to be!!??!  Anyway, guess theres not much you can do except try and continue to remove them and keep the site moving smoothly.  I'm going to start focussing on the site a lot more from here on in to get it back on track and will be taking a hard line with any offtopic discussion.

All I've ever really wanted for fishwrecked was for it to be a place where people could enjoy and view fishing discussion in a fun environment.  I am going to ensure that this year if you want to play around and stuff it up for others, then you will find that there are other websites out there for you.  Lets just go fishing and enjoy discussing it and while theres bound to be emotive issues, we will endeavour to sort it as best as possible for the health of the site and as quickly as possible.  (I appreciate you guys calling me if it looks like its going pear shaped)

Also, I'd like to thank all people that donated to the site last year - all money was spent upgrading/hosting the site and was a great load off my mind as I couldn't afford it myself and the continuous CPU problems were doing my head in. (notice no issues since, touchwood) 

I will also PM all those that have contacted me over Chrissy/NY very soon.

Cheers,

Adam

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance

Colin Hay's picture

Date Joined: 23/10/07

Couldn't agree more Adam

Sat, 2009-01-03 12:57

(Colin 1 - Co-founding member of the prestigious Colin Club)

Moderator. Proud member of the Fishwrecked "Old Farts". Make sure your subscribed to Fishwrecked Reeltime http://fishwrecked-reeltime.com/

wrassinator's picture

Date Joined: 26/11/08

Glad u managed some SW fish

Sat, 2009-01-03 19:22

Glad u managed some SW fish mate. Sorry you seem to have come back to some $@#^ to sort out - murphys law of going away on hols unfortunately mate Cry

For the record I would like to congratulate you and your team on an AWESOME site. For the most part, and as a newcomer, my experiences are that the majority of crew are here for the right reasons and are more than willing to pass on advice and good will to other like minded ppl. A few bad eggs will always come and go, but the law of averages should soon weed em out, and if that fails i'm sure you will follow through as you have mentioned.

All the best for the new year, and as a relative newcomer - I look forward to hearing more news from all the "wrecked"crew in 2009.

Cheers mate, and tigh lines

Ado

Bluetonic's picture

Date Joined: 09/01/08

Yep!

Sat, 2009-01-03 19:28

Yep! without saying too much, I agree. I love fishing and I like good discussions on all piscatorial topics.

This is a great site.

Blue Sky! Blue Water! BLUETONIC

Blue Sky, Blue Water, Bluetonic!

Dreamweaver's picture

Date Joined: 01/12/07

Agreed Adds!

Sun, 2009-01-04 07:19

Great site mate - thanks for all your hard work! Well done on the south west trip (shame we couldn't catch up). 

Now that I've got a (new) job, I hope to be able to donate once the Christmas expenses have been recovered from. 

Colin Molloy

RECFISHWEST Member

(Colin 2 - Co-founding member of the prestigious Colin Club)

Soon to be de "dreamweaver" ed!

Date Joined: 01/01/70

FW!

Sun, 2009-01-04 10:44

Sounds like a good break down South Adam and no doubt you'll be into it at Exxy straight away!

Fishwrecked is the best Fishing website around IMO and people can generally post pics without people looking down at it, ask questions and have it answered and the members very helpful! 

I've been flatout with my shop of late and havnt had alot of FW viewing time and missed most of the issues. Glad the site is still moving forward and the Big picture is all good and well done to Adam & the moderators.....a hard job for sure!

* Oceanside- Advice, Knowledge, Experience....that's our difference *

Owner of "Oceanside Tackle & Marine"
364 South St, O'Connor, Perth Ph 9337 5682

roberta's picture

Date Joined: 08/07/08

Yes agree Happy New Year Adam

Sun, 2009-01-04 11:32

I tried to get onto western anglers, something different to comment on because I've got a hotmail account/gmail they didn't want to know me so they  can get st@$#@fed.  I'm not with bigpond or iinet or anyother just 3wireless broadband

SPEWIE LEWIE

Cockburn Power Boat Member

Ginger Tablets Rock

SPESS's picture

Date Joined: 29/12/06

Yeah that goes to show how

Sun, 2009-01-04 12:33

Yeah that goes to show how easy u have it up there mate! Cant even catch a bream hey Quote: "to much fresh water", bullshit you just dont know how to work for your fish mate.lol. You cant just chuck a bit of bait in down here. wanker. hahahaha All the best Spess.

Keep it tight, reeeeeeel tight!

RETAIN-A-WALL AND LANDSCAPING..............

For all your limestone, bobcat and truck

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

hahaha

Sun, 2009-01-04 13:53

Very funny Spess, I got one atleast!! Back in Exmouth now and a nice toasty 44 degrees and near flat conditions. What a suprise but the rest of the week looks like 20 knot plus winds. Looks like I might just have to sneak down the marina for a jack fish instead. :)

Will be a good year for fishwrecked thats for sure, plenty of things planned to keep moving foward.

boggybay's picture

Date Joined: 08/01/09

Just joined

Sat, 2009-01-10 10:51

Hi Adam and all others!!!

Just joined the group and feeling my way.Nice site whith lots of info.Might catch up with you Adam up there this year.I usualy spend 6month at ningaloo.April to October.Will post later.For now leave some Fish for me.Cheers BBCool

Shorty's picture

Date Joined: 10/05/08

Welcome Boggybay,,6 months

Sat, 2009-01-10 11:01

Welcome Boggybay,,6 months at ningaloo a year ?? want to trade places ?Cool

Colin 3 > long standing and highly respect member of the prestigous Colin's club.

boggybay's picture

Date Joined: 08/01/09

thanks

Sat, 2009-01-10 12:18

Hi shorty!!

Thanks, but no thanks to trade.But here is a tip work hard pay your tax and get past 65 and you'l get there.Yea fishing is exelent up there in April-June. I willbe there April1st.TTFN from BB

Clewesy's picture

Date Joined: 21/12/08

Fishwrecked 09" I am also

Sat, 2009-01-10 13:43

Fishwrecked 09"

I am also new to the site and finding out that it a great site with friendly helpfull people. People showing there catches from herring to marlin love it all.

Guys posting as deckies to get out on a boat just because we all are on here for the love of FISHING!!

The only problem I have is seeing all the pics while I work away!

Great site love it.

damo6230's picture

Date Joined: 07/06/08

Fishwrecked 09

Sat, 2009-01-10 14:56

Failry new to WA and was struggling to find fishing partners....but as soon as I joined FW I found other members just over the road....can't beat that seeing I was all alone.......ahhh

fantastic site and everyone I have meet personally have been very decent, genuine,  hospitible, and laid back cruisy people that, importantly, love to fish like me (but can't keep up with the beer...ha ha Big Red, Bluetonic, Stoinka Boonie, garbo hint hint Australia Day party)

def best site and hopefully meet more forum members this year.

hopefully get out wide when my bones heal.......

cheers all and thanks for all the hard work

Damo 

RECFISHWEST Member

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

great to hear

Sat, 2009-01-10 15:13

Great to hear its helping you guys out.  Reading this sorta stuff really makes me realise how worth while running this site is and how fickle some of negative comments/people are. 

Cheers again guys, 2009 has started with a bang and looks like its going to get bigger and even better.  Theres a few site modifications planned and a new fishwrecked entity thats going to shake things up a little, not long now!

Webby's picture

Date Joined: 24/09/08

Cheers

Sat, 2009-01-10 16:38

I would just like to add my thanks as well to you Adam, as well as all the fishos that are willing to share thier knowledge. its a great site for learning and all the talking about fishing helps keep me motivated through the windy days.

I live with fear every day... sometimes she lets me go fishing.

Paul G's picture

Date Joined: 12/12/07

A great sight and a lot of

Sat, 2009-01-10 16:52

A great sight and a lot of great guys and gals.Have made some good freinds ,and fishing buddies ,also have learn't of others, and hopfully have helped a few on the way .Keep up the good work Adam ,and lets hope 09 is a good one, with heaps of posts and plenty of pics.

Active Gyp-Rok solutions ,Residential  and commercial ceilings and walls