Fuel filler cap replacement



My deckie accidently forgot to put the fuel cap back on the craft on the way through Northcliffe yesterday ( the silly bastard ), I'm sure it is not that uncommon, just wondering where crew are buying replacements?


Its the under floor tank with black placcy fill point on the Gunwale...


Of course the cap didnt roll into the boat it fell off when we moved off.....



Posts: 676

Date Joined: 09/10/06

 Most marine chandlery stores

Sun, 2017-11-12 11:53

 Most marine chandlery stores will sell the black placcie ones. Whitworths definitely. 


timboon's picture

Posts: 1682

Date Joined: 14/11/10

 Cheers.... I hadn't thought

Sun, 2017-11-12 13:35



I hadn't thought of those guys.

Bing's picture

Posts: 144

Date Joined: 13/02/11


Sun, 2017-11-12 13:55

 They sell the whole lot not just the cap though. I lost mine and replaced the lot because there was a cap keeper cord on the one they sell, won't lose it again.

timboon's picture

Posts: 1682

Date Joined: 14/11/10

 This one had a cap keeper

Sun, 2017-11-12 15:16

 This one had a cap keeper cord also but after a few hours of flapping in the breeze she didn'ta keepa no more......

Posts: 137

Date Joined: 10/02/11

Yeah  I had to do the

Sun, 2017-11-12 17:06



I had to do the same.

Couldn't find the cap so replaced the whole lot.

Worst part was I lost it on the first day on a 3 day trip to walpole.

That night we fashioned up a plug out of a tree branch with a knife and some plumbing tape. Dodgy but the fish were biting