He was over dhu 5/5/13

Finally had a break in the weather where we could all go out, so we headed out off two rocks Sunday morning to some of our usual marks.

My mate Weisy had been fishing with me 30+ times and not got a dhu over 5 kg even when we had quad hookups of fish over 8kg. He was becoming increasingly frustrated. We set out just after sun up to find the seas craploa, 15+ knots easterlies but with the ever reliable seabreeze telling us it was only 8 but going to die right down we decided to push on.

Fished for a couple of hours with no luck so went searching for new ground. Found some average ground but thought we would give it a go. 2 min into the drift we had some nice big blobs appear on the Furuno. Then off went two of the rods. 1 dhu landed 6kg other was busted off.

Went around for another drift and found those same fish on the sounder. Then bang triple hook up of Dhu's. 3kg, 7kg and 11kg. One was looking worse for ware so he went straight back down on the release weight.  Great sight with 3 Dhu on the boat. Weisy pulled in a horse of 11kg and wasnt until we took the photos we noticed steves old bait he got busted off on the last drift in Weisys fish. A whole herring. See pics. Weisy new PB 11kg. It was the same old story of "if only" for Steve but he still had a nice 7kg speccy which was returned to the depths in hope of another lager one. Here are some pics of both.

We had a few more drifts over it again before raising 4 more all around 4-6kg. but still only had the one in the esky.

Tried a different location in shallower to try for some baldies with no luck. i was flicking around a little paddle tail only to have a 8-10kg Mackie follow it right up to the boat but not eat it. Frustrating to say the least especially when we had no lures on board.

Went out deeper again as it glassed off around 12pm and tried a old faithful spot and 10min later bang Weisy was on again. 12kg. PB x 2 for the day. He was over dhu but this was crazy.

After a few more drifts and only one Black arse and two dhus in the esky we decided to call it stumps for the day and head in while the weather was nice.

Over all 11 dhu landed (1 undersize), 1 sambo, 1 skippy, 1 black bum and 2 PB's beaten it was a great day on the water. Bait landed all fish. I fished jigs and placcys all day for ................ all. thanks to Steve Hart (tackle hq) for fitting me up with my new jigging combo. I will be in this week for a refund and a new bait bashing outfit.

Thanks for reading. 

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 13/11/11

Nice work mate. PBs are

Mon, 2013-05-06 13:32

Nice work mate. PBs are always a winner, well done. 

gilligan's picture

Date Joined: 17/07/09

Top effort lads.

Mon, 2013-05-06 13:40

Top effort lads.

dant's picture

Date Joined: 13/03/13

Great effort fellahs and

Mon, 2013-05-06 13:50

Great effort fellahs and thanks for sharing - good to see a west coast supporter aswell :)

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

I love this shit! Good

Mon, 2013-05-06 14:01

I love this shit! Good report and pics. Now I know I haven't been wasting my time with Herring fillets.

Love the West!

fishy_smithy's picture

Date Joined: 22/04/13

couple of stonkas there!!

Mon, 2013-05-06 14:03

couple of stonkas there!! well done mate.

Justo82's picture

Date Joined: 17/10/11

wowee!!!   can't wait to get

Mon, 2013-05-06 14:40

wowee!!!   can't wait to get my first size Dhu...  seem to find the ones that are 1cm under all too often...  haha!!

scano's picture

Date Joined: 31/05/07

Good to hear I am not the only one

Mon, 2013-05-06 18:53

I reckon I have spent my fare share on jigs for nill rereward ,big bait = big fish

I know some on here swear by them but it is something I just cannot grasp at the moment.

1x good jig = $40 with assist hooks ect

that equates to 3x blocks of mulie's I rereckon! each to their own and I know jigs do work, just not for me that's all.

scano

soupster51's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/06

Nice

Mon, 2013-05-06 19:32

Great stuff. Good to see so many dhus in metro waters.

The best reason for doing what's right today is tomorrow.

Date Joined: 12/03/12

AWESOME!

Mon, 2013-05-06 19:34

AWESOME!

Date Joined: 31/03/13

great pics mate, looks like a

Tue, 2013-05-07 12:07

great pics mate, looks like a Bonza day out.  My new (well new to me anyway) boat should be here from the US late next week and I settle on a house on Sovereign Drive (say 100 metres or so from the Ramp) on Monday. 

Cant wait to start exploring the ground up there as I will well and truly be a local haha instead of being confined to Freo way when I had a 270 Rinker in at Kailis stacking yard. 

Be great to meet up with you and the other FW's one day and say gday next time you up there - ill lend ya me bbq in the back yard to cook one of those beasts any time haha

cheers

Simon

Reel Livin'

Date Joined: 03/03/10

you bastards

Tue, 2013-05-07 19:27

you lucky lucky bastards I am still yet to catch a legal dhuie , nice work but I hate you blokes

DavidBaricevic's picture

Date Joined: 30/10/10

Well done fellas and cracking

Wed, 2013-05-08 04:02

Well done fellas and cracking report...

Hook_er's picture

Date Joined: 22/11/10

depth

Wed, 2013-05-08 14:45

hey lads what depth did you catch the horse's in?

cheers  

Hook_er's picture

Date Joined: 22/11/10

depth

Wed, 2013-05-08 14:45

hey lads what depth did you catch the horse's in?

cheers