Hobie Mirage Passport 10.5

Hi

Just bought myself a Hobie Mirage Passport 10.5. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a suitable Kayak trolley. The one at BCF gets bad reviews.

Plan to use the Kayak in Cockburn and out of Hillarys for squidding and also on the river for crabbing. Either Crawley or Blackwall reach

Also be keen to meet up with a Kayaker at one of ther above locations for a joint session and to learn. Never done Kayaking before so am a total amateur. Retired so available most times

Cheers

Don't spend all your money on beer, boats, and fishing. Save some to spend foolishly

Gadsy's picture

Date Joined: 01/05/10

The c tug type trolleys are pretty popular

Sat, 2021-06-05 20:44

You could also check out the Yakfishwest and Kayak Fishing WA groups on Facebook to find people to join up with other yakers on the water.

Ericl's picture

Date Joined: 02/05/11

Cheers Gadsy

Sun, 2021-06-06 07:16

Cheers Gadsy, will give facebook a go and look at the c tug trolleys

Don't spend all your money on beer, boats, and fishing. Save some to spend foolishly

rob90's picture

Date Joined: 06/02/13

The c tug wheels are good,

Sun, 2021-06-06 08:12

The c tug wheels are good, but the hobie trolley with sand wheel would have to be the most reliable and when it comes to sand they are the easiest. Congrats on the purchase as well, you'll have heaps of fun

Hi my name is rob............. and I'm a........... fishaholic

Date Joined: 03/08/19

hobie or C-tug

Sun, 2021-06-06 13:10

Have both the Hobie fat sand wheels and the C-tug Sandtrakz, as I use both Hobie and standard fibreglass fishing kayak. Have used both on  a heavy Hobie twin seater Outback and not a lot of difference for a typical haul from a carpark and across 15m of beach. The Hobie tyres give a nice soft ride, but need the occasional  air added andcan be punctured, whereas the Ctug is a bit harsher on hard surfaces but seems fairly bulletproof. Hobie setup is lighter and sholud fit into your yak, so you can easily drag the gear down the beack on it, store it onboar and paddle out. With the C-tug,  it is bulkier and heavier and I have to run back up and leave it in the car. My gear is pretty old now, but I think the Hobie sand wheels might be more expensive than the Ctug. However if you have a Hobie and the wheels fit onboard then it could be worth it.