Jurien Report- 4/10/12

With the weather looking good for Saturday we left home early for a days fishing at Jurien. After a few trips up there lately we ventured out to find some new ground and hopefully fish. On the way out we stopped off at a old spot and the rest was history.

Got on our spot at around 8am and had our fisrt dhu (12kg-95cm) in the boat minutes after. Boonmack landed this nice fish on a squid bait.

Then another mate Russell landed a nice 6kg fish. 68cm. We decided as it was early, to relaese this one hoping for another big one. Dropped him down on the release weight only to see him float back up to the surface 2min later. Circled around and picked him up and then he had made his decicision for us DINNER. Bagged out within half an hour.

Went back over the mark and found more fish on the sounder. Dropped over again and wham Boonmack strikes again on a bait. 11kg and 85cm.

With all of us getting slightly pissed with Boonmack we decided to try a little harder. Moments later i hooked up to a nice size Baldie. Dinner.

We went back over the spot again and all four of us hooked up at the same time. Great fun watching four blokes fight fish. Then bang one of the boys got bitten off. Sorry i didnt mention the was heaps of NW blowies around as well. Lucky for the rest of us we didnt have blowies. Three way of Dhuies.

These fish went left to right. Boonmack 69cm, Me 73cm, Russell 74cm. All released back to the school they came from with no problems. Makes you feel good releasing quality fish.

Time for another drift. Around again. Finnally i got slammed by something big. Made my Saragosa 4000 scream with anger. I use a Shimano saltwater series 5-10kg with a gosea 4000 and 20lb diawa sensor braid for my plastics fishing. This fish gave me a good run. 11kg and 88cm. Made me work hard. 

I have had great success latley since Brenz from the fishing shop showed me the new Berkley Ripple Shad. This was the first time i had used the black colour but it obviously works, thanks Brenz. This is the third 10kg fish i have caught by just having the rod in the rod holder while i was getting drinks from the esky. I guess the paddle tails like no real action given to them.

The Dhu was again released nicely. By this stage Weisy was getting very angry as he hadnt landed a Dhu. His PB is a 55cm and watching big fish come over hand and fist was driving him insane. He had caught some nice NW blowies but this doesnt count. Next drift around it was his turn.

A nice fish at around 6kg and 65cm. A new PB and a smile to go with it. Released well again. He was then lucky enough to drop back down and caught another fish almost identical.

After the 14th dhu was caught we decided that we wanted to try get some pinkies or baldies as we only had the one baldie and 2 dhu in the esky.Only one Dhu was undersized. So we didnt the unthinkable and left a hot dhu bite. Sadly we went closer into shore and only managed to get one sized black ass for the rest of the day. The wind decided to pickup at this stage so we called it early and we back in the car by 1pm.

Unfortlunately for weisy two PB's in one day is good fishing however today this got him the hat of shame.

A great days fishing was topped of with a couple of beers for the trip home.

Got my fix now for a couple of months and some fish to see me through the ban.

Thanks for reading.

Image Upload: 

Date Joined: 04/12/09

Jealous!! sick report man,

Mon, 2012-10-08 13:57

Jealous!! sick report man, only til recently had everyone hookup on dhues on the same drift and how good is it!

Forever learning with fishing

milsey's picture

Date Joined: 22/08/07

Stuff mate, We were out from

Mon, 2012-10-08 13:59

Stuff mate, We were out from 11-2 and the wester was pretty stiff.

Seemed like there were no shortage of dhus any where in jbay on sat.

crasny1's picture

Date Joined: 16/10/08

Sick

Mon, 2012-10-08 14:04

Makes me look forward to trips down south again.

"I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact!!" _ Elon Musk

boonmack's picture

Date Joined: 31/07/11

nice write up. you forgot to

Mon, 2012-10-08 14:41

nice write up.

you forgot to mention that first fish was a double header with another size dhue.

Get back to work.

wish I was fishing

fisho-ron's picture

Date Joined: 26/09/09

very nice mate, great report.

Mon, 2012-10-08 14:45

very nice mate, great report.

Date Joined: 13/11/11

Very nice mate. Well worth

Mon, 2012-10-08 15:05

Very nice mate. Well worth the drive up. Great stuff.

Date Joined: 13/11/11

Stupid double replies....

Mon, 2012-10-08 15:07

Stupid double replies....

outdoinit's picture

Date Joined: 05/10/12

Great Report..

Mon, 2012-10-08 16:25

Nice Fish allround.. Well done.

I've spent half my life fishing.. The other half I have wasted.. 

aalfred's picture

Date Joined: 13/06/09

Dhui Heaven!!

Mon, 2012-10-08 18:43

Dhui Heaven!!