lb kalbarri 29/11/14-14/12/14

This trip really was the tailor trip the misses and i realsed a heap of good tailor to 75cm (the local lad tangles was the only one to crack the 80 mark) mainly on lures had a few smash my balloon baits just as they skipped off the rocks we kept the odd 0ne for mulloway baits,

The soapy mullas were every wear as well all my mullas under 80cm were relised and one kept that was close to the 90cm mark also dropped a few bigger models i still cant get my head around how good they are at shaken hooks even after chasing these buggers for over 10 years tangles and i both fish differenly with snells and gangs but didnt matter as they spat them and left us wondering if all this mulloway fishing is finaly sending us round the twist sorry bout the photo of the mulla that green can wasnt the only empty lying around

another highlight was my misses first bonnie off the stones and me dropping a moster trevaly the cast before after a good 15 minute fight i inclueded a picture of the main lures doing the damage and the silver 55g twisty was also good

Qualified carpet layer available for jobs big and small 

Image Upload: 

choc's picture

Date Joined: 05/01/12

Well done, looks like

Tue, 2014-12-16 12:44

Well done, looks like another great Kalbarri trip.

I'm getting that itch to head up there I think.

tangles's picture

Date Joined: 17/12/06

yup

Tue, 2014-12-16 13:05

yup good trip mate. Loved watching ya missus smoke ya on da tailor hehe!!

Bloody mullas do ya headin everytime!!

Next trip its the stones!!

Belly88's picture

Date Joined: 08/02/12

Yeow

Tue, 2014-12-16 13:15

Nice one cal good to see you had another sick trip!! 2 weeks and I'll be there hopefully you left me some fish haha.

Belly

Callum24's picture

Date Joined: 24/06/12

cant wait to get smoked on

Tue, 2014-12-16 14:58

cant wait to get smoked on the stones had to start buying hooks in bulk for that soughta fishing Belly if you can pull your self off the cliffs theres some big mullas cruisen around you no wear yo find em!

Snags's picture

Date Joined: 07/05/09

Nice callum.  No pinkies or

Tue, 2014-12-16 15:59

Nice callum.  

No pinkies or macks?

Callum24's picture

no mate didnt even try for

Tue, 2014-12-16 16:33

no mate didnt even try for pinks as its to hard to release them at the spots i fish the tuna were busting up but macks were few and far between even for the boats out of the whole time i was up there i only got 3 mornings to balloon with constant southerlies and dirty water not much good but they wont be far away ill be back soon for pinks and get the misses first mak i even sussed some spots to spin for them cant wait!  

shorething's picture

Date Joined: 05/10/11

Another good report Callum,

Tue, 2014-12-16 17:18

Another good report Callum, cheers for sharing! that hair gets me everytime haha :)

JamesB's picture

Date Joined: 12/11/12

Hooks

Wed, 2014-12-17 05:33

I couldn't help notice the single hooks on the rear of the lures have the point facing down. I usually rig mine facing up, with the forward hook facing down. Is there a right or wrong way to orientate them?

Date Joined: 06/08/14

A hook will naturally pull

Wed, 2014-12-17 09:38

A hook will naturally pull through the water with the point up, rigging them down on the tail can cause many lures to become unstable as the hook is trying to right itself

perthblue's picture

Date Joined: 26/10/11

Very nice looking fish.

Wed, 2014-12-17 10:45

Very nice looking fish. Great report cant wait to get up amongst it too.

Fishing n 4x4

Callum24's picture

all the rear hooks are facing

Wed, 2014-12-17 11:39

all the rear hooks are facing up just ths way there sitting on the table boys i.swear by the singles for the tailor decoy all the way