Ranmar 850 (swiftcraft)

Just an idea dominators and Vikings very low back ends. Meant for short leg motors. When they put ally lifts on them put stress on back end. Here is what I done with my sons Viking . Heaps more support also stops waves coming in back end.

Image Upload: 

ranmar850's picture

Date Joined: 12/08/12

I know what you mean

Tue, 2015-09-01 08:21

I did have concerns about the amount of leverage that bracket could exert on the transom. I suppose any problems would first manifest themselves as gelcoat cracking around the corners of the well and transom as it flexed, and there is no sign of that ( yet). My concern with raising the height of the transom wall, as you have done, is that, while you are stopping a lot of the water which currently comes over, you are creating a much deeper well which will hold a hell of a lot water if you do cop a good one. You could then be in a position where successive slops could end up coming over into the deck area with the stern weighed down by all that water? Extreme scenario, possibly?  Have you enlarged the drain hole or added more holes? I certainly thought about doing what you have done, but wouldn't be happy unless i added another drain, probably 50mm , to help the existing 20mm hole. That shallow well with existing transom actually means that any water which does come over will drain quickly.

Do you have any pics of the rigs and what you have done. Always interested in looking at other ideas.

little johnny's picture

Date Joined: 04/12/11

Don't get

Tue, 2015-09-01 19:29

Any water over now.it was coping a heap before. Was dangerous. Bigger drain hole with balloon and end cut off.water doesn't come in if it happens to when you drive balloon opens and water comes straight out. My main reason for showing you was you won't see cracks from higher motor bracket. Lift your flashing (ally) outside of well. It separates and water soaks in.luke Viking on back end solid now. Towing main concern motor being higher use to wobble (bracket)It really supports and gives great strenght now.His boat is now same height as my other 2 swiftcrafts now. Your boat looks mint just thought give you heads up. My neighbour had same issue with his dominator water coming over back end. My Luke's motor does weigh a heap more than yours 130 Honda prob about 40 kilo. Good luck once again mint boat