Salmon Esperance 8/6/12

G'day fishwreckers,

Went for a holiday to Coolgardie- the rumours are true- no fish there. Packed up the car 6 total people and one keen fisherman off we went 4hrs to Esperance. The weather forecasts were pretty bad lots of rain and swell plus wind. Fishing minutes were at a premium with this crowd, one quick trip to the jetty and id resigned myself to another empty bag unlikely to get another chance. Went for a drive the next day sightseeing and we found a likely spot given the conditions(!). I unpacked the 12' telescopic, tied on my khawai lure from a past holiday and hooked up a couple of these bad boys all within 30min before the crowd wanted to move on. Wish I had longer!

These blokes made there way to the table for the 6 of us- turns out theres a lot of fish to be had from just the two.

How big/heavy do you reckon they are?

I look forward to returning to Esperance!

Cheers and thanks for reading

Image Upload: 

woody's picture

Date Joined: 27/02/08

Good work mate, nice to see

Mon, 2012-07-09 04:25

Good work mate, nice to see that beach living up to its name. As far as the fish go they'd only be 2-3kgs max...good size for live baiting.....but they they get a whole lot bigger!!

Roses/14 mile area has been producing salmon in the 5-6kg range lately.

quadfisher's picture

Date Joined: 28/09/10

keep chipping away at them!

Mon, 2012-07-09 08:22

a , what were you thinking , coolgardie, in winter?  haha

b, surrounding yourself with non fishos, whom get impatient after 30 mins? , suck it up people, im catching.

c, like a true fisherman , you must have somewhat ignorged there pleas of a warm shower, hot food etc etc ( pussys)

so for that well done, for turning a holiday around, imagine next time what you will get ,if given a free rein.

cheers.

quadfisher

Date Joined: 20/01/12

The beaches in esperance have

Mon, 2012-07-09 08:59

The beaches in esperance have some great water, it's deep and has a lot of features. Live baiting those salmon did occur to me! Id love to run one out off of lucky bay. Ignoring pleas for warmth etc has all been modeled before me by the fishos who taught me and the fishos I hope to one day teach (father son etc etc) Next time!