Spot(s) available - Southern Oman Monster GT Trip, October 2014

By now I'm sure you have probably read enough reports on all the major forums about the GT fishing in Southern Oman to know that it is likely the best accessible spot in the world to target trophy class (50kg+) GTs.

I have got a trip coming up in late October, fishing with No Boundaries out of their lodge in Southern Oman.

The trip itinerary is to arrive in Salalah on 25 October, fish 5 days (26-30 October) and leave Salalah on 31 October. We will be targetting the monster GTs as well as doing some of the world class in-shore topwater fishing. A review of that can be found here http://ebbtideadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/southern-oman-inshore-top-water-fishing.html Will also be doing some jigging of course, but this isn't the main focus of the trip.

The best flight option is to book flights to Dubai, and then a seperate connecting flight to Salalah. There are many good options to choose from and prices are around $1500.

Cost for the trip is around US$2500pp. This includes 5 days fishing, accomodation, all meals, transfers to/from airport and represents great value in my book. This is based on 4 guys to the boat and a non-refundable deposit of 50% is required on booking.

If you are interested in coming please PM me. I will have 1 or potentially 2 places available (though likely 1). You'd be fishing with a good bunch of guys who are experienced anglers.

By the way we are chasing someone who has done at least one topwater trip before, as nobody wants to take a treble to the face from a rogue cast!

Dan

When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' the correct answer is either:

n+1 (where n is the number of fishing rods you currently own); or

n-1 (where n is the number of fishing rods which would cause your significant other to dump you. 

dkonig82's picture

Date Joined: 06/07/10

372 reads and no

Wed, 2014-01-22 18:22

372 reads and no replies!

Surely someone is keen :-)

When asked by a non-fisherman 'how many fishing rods do you really need?' the correct answer is either:

n-1 (where n is the number of fishing rods which would cause your significant other to dump you. 

JohnF's picture

Date Joined: 07/07/10

Dan Let me speak for the

Wed, 2014-01-22 18:39

Dan

Let me speak for the majority on FW......your a bastard! haha.

Lots of interest, lack of time and money.......

Boston Whaler 235 Conquest......getting the flogging it was built for.

Belly88's picture

Date Joined: 08/02/12

Not sure

Wed, 2014-01-22 18:43

Not sure what you do for a job or where you found your misses but I'd like one of each!!

Date Joined: 02/01/10

Good call!That seems quite

Fri, 2014-01-24 15:12

Good call!

That seems quite cheap, but I feel I am too old for the physical abuse on my body!

dkonig82's picture

Haha classic John - small

Wed, 2014-01-22 19:55

Haha classic John - small advantage of moving here is no car and no boat anymore, which means more trips!

Gotta get the fishing fix somehow. Standing in the rain fishing for whatever miserable fish might be unfortunate enough to be skulking around in the Thames doesn't do it for me haha

JoRn's picture

Date Joined: 20/11/07

bad all round influence!

Wed, 2014-01-22 19:58

bad all round influence!

johno's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/08

Sounds awesome !! Would be

Wed, 2014-01-22 20:53

Sounds awesome !! Would be in but fishing Scott's on the Second on 2nd Nov .... Scott's is already booked bugger..

Cockburn Power Boat Member (CPBA)

PGFC

Date Joined: 19/09/13

Looks like i have another

Sat, 2014-01-25 12:38

Looks like i have another destination on the list ..just not yet though ..sorry

i would sell my kidney for a trip there but might come home to an empty house (currently occupied by wife and kids)

Rusty

2015 ?

p.s. just looked at the blog ..mind blowing !

Born A Fish
Forced To Walk

dkonig82's picture

One more spot now locked in -

Mon, 2014-01-27 21:52

One more spot now locked in - so only 1 more available.

Any takers, please PM