Upgrade kit for Spheros8000fa

Is there an upgrade kit for a Spheros 8000fa,a mate asked if I could fix his one,was so badly worn on the handle shaft that the teeth wouldn't mesh properly.Have new one myself and don't want mine to wear out in the same way

Daisy's picture

Date Joined: 24/01/08

The upgrades available for

Sun, 2009-01-25 12:46

The upgrades available for these would actually spped up the gear wear with better drags and bigger handies.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of the website owner, it's operators or anyone else for that matter.

The view expressed in this post is that of a self opinionated bullshitter and does not reflect that of this website, it's owners, mediators, other members or anyone else for that matter :-P

carnarvonite's picture

Date Joined: 24/07/07

Bearings

Sun, 2009-01-25 15:33

Would be interested if I could replace the bushes with ball bearings,the gearing and the drag seem ok for what i do with it.

crasny1's picture

Date Joined: 16/10/08

same story

Sun, 2009-01-25 16:59

I have the same reel, and I need a drag upgrade. A Noah in Cossack Creek turned the felt into I dont know what. Where can you get just the drag upgrade from. I have saragosas in all bar the 18000 so dont need all the other upgrades.

Neels

Flat seas!!!

"I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact!!" _ Elon Musk

Lucky Tim's picture

Date Joined: 28/11/07

I ordered a set of Carbontex

Sun, 2009-01-25 19:14

I ordered a set of Carbontex washers from Jack Erskine in Cairns for my Spheros 8000. They sent me a set that were too big for a 8000 but too small for a 14000. I've sent them a email about it but just waiting on a reply. I'll keep you posted when I find out (the washers are about $15).
When I first bought mine I replaced the drive gear (handle) bush with a bearing but as for getting new gears I don't know where to order them from. Try Shimano's webite in Oz, they have a page you can email the servicing division.