wagoe 2006

Hi guys Wagoe 2006 a week of high swell and waves coming 50ft up the beach a total disaster. With aboat in tow that only saw water 1 time in a week,so lots of beer and no fish 2 speak of.A total of 8 guys and 2/4x4 the toyota with a bunswick 6-5L v8 cutting the way for the other 4x4 through very deep sand.From wagoe we drove 25 kms a long the beach to Lucky Bay each day and sometimes more, Lost lots of rigs on the front of reef cos of swell and high seas. I will post some photos of swell and high sea/4x4 and wagoe farm chalet.Some of the guys returning in November hopeful of better fishing.

steve/sherbert

Assassin landbase fishing club

streetfighter80's picture

Date Joined: 12/02/06

oh mate spew bout the swell!!!

Wed, 2006-10-11 17:18

well i hope you enjoyed ya selves. cant belive you guys drove the beach to lucky bay(pertol chewing). did ya get stuck into some lucky bay tailor?

sherbert's picture

Date Joined: 10/09/06

Hi m8 we drove the beach to

Wed, 2006-10-11 17:31

Hi m8 we drove the beach to try and fine a spot to fish.Water very green saw only afew tailor hooked.Night fish was better grab bait and drop befor hook up/mulloway?? maybe. Roll on november.

big john's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/06

Went Hard

Wed, 2006-10-11 17:24

At least you can console yourself with the fact that you fished hard for the entire time.

Better luck next time Sherbert.

Did you see any fish/birds working out to sea?

John

WA based manufacturer and supplier of premium leadhead jigs, fligs, bucktail jigs, 'bulletproof' soft plastic jig heads and XOS bullet jig heads.

Jigs available online in my web store!

streetfighter80's picture

Date Joined: 12/02/06

mulla

Wed, 2006-10-11 17:51

sounds like a mulla mate! i think i had more fun fishing at lucky bay that wagoe, same prob as you guys big swell!! maybe next time i will try slide baiting!

poida's picture

Date Joined: 08/08/05

wagoe

Wed, 2006-10-11 18:44

November, get ready to fight 20 knot southerlies for the week. The 15ft poles and impact sinkers can be the only way to fish when its big at Wagoe, best to head to Kalbarri and try wittercarra i reckon!

sherbert's picture

wagoe

Thu, 2006-10-12 08:45

Thankyou m8 i will let the other guys know for next time.
What great country up there,we know that we are back when you hit the light at joondulp/Dont you hate the city
steve

Date Joined: 09/10/06

havent been for years but

Thu, 2006-10-12 12:35

havent been for years but its alway the case with wagoe, should off been here last week. have found you need to spend atleast 2 weeks there so if there is big swell and wind you hope that it will die down and still get some good fishn time in.
holth

sherbert's picture

Wagoe

Thu, 2006-10-12 16:48

Yes thats right m8 we were told friday and saturday would be good and then it change to sunday and monday/cant win lol
steve

Date Joined: 09/10/06

we spend chrissy new year in

Thu, 2006-10-12 20:51

we spend chrissy new year in 2000 up there and had millpond conditions for 2 weeks , caught some good fish but it certainly wasnt hot action.
the place runs hot and cold.hard to get the right conditions , needs to be a last minute discission to go up.but as we know we plan months in advance and thats one thing you cant plan is the weather conditions.
will head back soon one day.