Whats better Northshore650 or Commodore670

Anyone out  there got one, any opinions would be good.

Here I am...and there you are.

Andy Mac's picture

Date Joined: 03/02/06

peteb has a 670

Sat, 2009-02-21 16:25

Cheers

Andy Mac

Cheers

Andy Mac (Fishwrecked Reeltime Editor & Forum Moderator)

Youngest member of the Fishwrecked Old Farts Club

Simon C's picture

Date Joined: 01/05/07

holth has the north shore, I

Sat, 2009-02-21 22:18

holth has the north shore, I am sure you could get a test in both. I looked at the Northshore when I bought the stabi. Decided against it mainly because I don't deserve a glass boat, I take it into to many nasty spots when I go north. Seems pretty well built though. Mate has the 570 commodore and it does nothing for me, but another meter makes a big difference.

mako magic's picture

Date Joined: 03/08/05

interested in this one too

Sun, 2009-02-22 11:16

interested in this one too as i might be looking at one of the 670's myself soon

The Tackle shack, for all your fishing needs
huge range of stock to suit any fisherperson.
PH:9248 3800 unit 3/11 Alexander drive Malaga

allrounder's picture

Date Joined: 10/11/08

im a bit bias

Sun, 2009-02-22 12:13

But we looked at both and went for the 670 allrounder with hardtop and 225 honda on the back.It goes very well i have a couple of small issues but they will hopefully get sorted when i get my next service at Men on Boats formally north city marine.The few things i didnt like about the northshore were mainly in the cabin area it is cramped for head room and when you get in it is easy to hit your head and that is on dry land so throw in a good swell and some wind =ouch.The high sides are from the floor being lower than the water line so when i try to lean over to pick up a fish i cant bend from the waist so it is harder to touch the water.This being said i dont mind the 760 northshore has a bit less cabin issues but still there .Solid boats and well thought out cockpit wise only small issues but enough for me to go with the commodore 670 that and the fact you get more boat for less money.I think value for money it is hard to go past the 670.My only probs with the commodore are small things that are easy fixed.It has a slight lean to port when running two up front  because of the water for the shower and the batteries are all on that side.Three on you can move one around to balance it out.Easy fixed with a set of trim tabs as well .I dont get full steering due to the wrong ram on the tramsom again easy fixed and the last thing is the throttle handle is a little loose all it needs is a bit of bulking up behind the trim so again a easy fix.I also find the commodore boys easy to deal with so all good as far as i can tell.If they dont have one for you to take for a run give me a pm and i will be glad to take you for a spin in ours.     Hey Mako are you looking at sams one (shazza) or a newey?Hope that helps a little.

So tell me have you got your info from years on the water or hours on the internet?

• was sponsored by Atomic Lures and Shimano but they dropped me.Now sponsored by Fog Dog(The best fish coating out there) and raider lures.

mako magic's picture

pm sent allrounder The

Sun, 2009-02-22 13:59

pm sent allrounder

mako magic's picture

any more input   The Tackle

Mon, 2009-02-23 18:00

any more input

Commodore Marine's picture

Date Joined: 12/05/08

Thanks

Mon, 2009-02-23 21:50

Thanks for the consideration of our boats, and the best thing I could say is buy the boat that best suits your requirements. Well done on supporting and considering WA built products.

If anyone wants a run on any of our boats we would be more than happy to arrange at any time.

We would have around 8-10 people make a time to go through the factory in any week and the one thing we know is that they go away with a better appreciation in what the should look for in a new boat, even if they don't invest in one of ours.

In the very near future we will have a factory tour for Fishwrecked members, and then we can give you all a good run down. Additionally we can give you all a brief in what else we are working on and how we are keeping costs down. If you want to go through before that then please call me, more than happy.

Boating is expensive and everyone should be given a chance to discuss how a boat is built, what they can or how they could customise for their own use, and further what support they can get after the purchase(sale).

WA has a great acknowledgement as a home of good boat building, and this is now spreading nationally. This goes for fiberglass and ally builders.

We decided to go factory direct for the very fact that people should get the facts before they make a purchase and that they should have a choice in such things as motors and trailers should they wish. This has brought forward significant savings for clients and with the support those clients we are really enjoying the benefits of the Commodore Crew. We're proud of our product but also recognise that everyones taste, requirements and budget are different, but thats whats good about a forum like this.

On a slightly different note we will also be having an opening at Men On Boats which you are all more than welcome to come along to. We will post a date ASAP when we can get a date for Danny Green to come along and have a chat as well.

In the mean time if you need your boat serviced book it in and be in the running for a dinghy package valued at $8,300 for just having you boat serviced. MEN ON BOATS 08 9242 5599, 492 Charles Street, North Perth.

Thanks again for considering our boats and local product and feel free to contact me at any time.

Regards

Andrew

Factory Direct - Australia Wide

08 9417 7200, 24 Tichborne Street, Jandakot, WA 6164

www.commodoremarine.com

Andrew Welch

Commodore Marine

Date Joined: 09/10/06

have only just seen this

Mon, 2009-02-23 21:54

have only just seen this thread so l will add my bit seeing l own a northshore. great boat that handles pretty much what ever can be thrown at it. the boat really comes into its own in a following sea/cross sea and lve had it in some crap conditions and its never broached. being only a 6mtr (true length) boat it feels alot bigger on the water for its size. very heavy hull which gives it the great ride and awsome stability. allrounder makes one point of the cabin not having much head room , thats why they call it a CR (cabin runabout). this didnt concern me because l bought it for a fishing boat, not a family cruiser. as for the commodore alrounder, only seen them at the boat shows so cant make a judgement. paul

Date Joined: 08/04/17

570 commodore all rounder

Fri, 2017-05-05 22:09

hey,

have been looking at a 2080 Whitley compared to a 570 commodore , while one I:E Whitley is more of a cruiser.

thought on the 570 ?????