Wilderness Island 2016

These Wilderness Island Trips to Exmouth have been running for 6 years now, and are still going strong!

This years trip to Wilderness Island for me was a bit of a mixed bag, it was the first time I have taken my boat across, and this was a huge eye opener for me as to what a trip of this scale entails. I'm talking preparation, fuel, the logistical side of it. Making an easy way of mounting the kayak wasn't too difficult, but the area to explore having a boat opens up for you in this area is amazing. My dad came up with me for the first week and we covered a lot of kilometers in that week exploring the eastern side of the gulf, and fishing the many amazing areas that produce.

The second week marked the arrival of the Western Angler/Yakfishwest Crew into the mix, and a diverse bunch they were this year. Despite the fishing not being a red hot as it has been in previous years, the mix of people and personalities made this years trips one of my favorites. Some good fish were still had for sure, and you will see them in the video.

I must thank Brendon Chalmers and Scott Coghlan for their respective contributions to the video which were much appreciated and gave the viewers some respite from my ugly mug!

As always, turn it up, watch on HD and enjoy the wonders of what has to be the absolute best Kayak Fishing destination in WA.

**WARNING** There is some boat fishing at the start of this clip, and for that, i apologize!

Thanks for watching.

Date Joined: 25/05/12

Cool vid man some nice fish

Fri, 2016-05-06 09:54

Cool vid man some nice fish from the yak too

rob90's picture

Date Joined: 06/02/13

Wickid vid Brett, im

Fri, 2016-05-06 10:07

Wickid vid Brett, im definately saving for next years trip!

Hi my name is rob............. and I'm a........... fishaholic

beau's picture

Date Joined: 24/01/10

Wheres Albee?!

Fri, 2016-05-06 13:09

Wheres Albee?!