Annoying Frog 2010 = Must Die!!!

So we have a frog problem and it's getting beyond a joke! The score is Goodz = 0 , Frog = 100000000. Every night it starts it's annoying whining noise and I go out on my search and destroy mission only to come back in empty handed... frogless... with another little piece of my sanity gone...

It's living out the front in the nextdoor neighbours bordering garden bed, under a small shrub, buried in the ground somewhere. This happens to be about 3m's from our bed in the masterbed room. Everytime I get close to really home in on it's position it stops it's annoying noise and I blindy stab around in the ground with my gidgey pole to no avail. This is no ordanary frog, it's SUPER ANNOYING FROG 2010! It makes such a annoying noise, not like a nice frog sound.. more like a deep pitched, ear piercing, mind numbing whining sound. It must die!

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it, other than ripping up the neighbours garden to find it? I've done a little research on the net but most options are for when you can actually see the frogs.. this one is hiding under the ground... also under a plant, which I probably shouldn't kill in the process.

HELPPPPPP!

Matt T's picture

Date Joined: 19/11/07

Jack Russell

Sat, 2010-05-01 10:07

We had a Jack Russell dog when we were kids and he used to sniff out a fair few frogs. Dropped a bloody big one on the back door mat once - never heard a frog go off like that - they can sure be really loud!

Goodz's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/09

*goes out to find a Jack

Sat, 2010-05-01 10:08

*goes out to find a Jack Russel*

Liquidtension's picture

Date Joined: 05/03/08

doesnt sound good man,

Sat, 2010-05-01 10:55

doesnt sound good man,

maybe spray some poision or something like that? google will have the answer it has the answer to everything!!

Cheers Steve

liquidtensionJP@gmail.com

Goodz's picture

yeh theres a few things that

Sat, 2010-05-01 11:32

yeh theres a few things that can kill it.. but they'll also kill the plant...... hmmmm.. I'm prepared to buy the neighbours a new plant for some silence tho...

Lamby's picture

Date Joined: 04/08/09

the bastard in me reckons I

Sat, 2010-05-01 11:51

the bastard in me reckons I would be giving the area you think he is a liberal dosing of salt.... that is after you have tried all methods of giving him the old geographical relocation

fishy fingers's picture

Date Joined: 28/04/07

I got one of those

Sat, 2010-05-01 13:23

But I like it! it stays for weeks waiting for rain, They can be up to 1 metre down I've dug them up from that depth whilst doing some renos.

crasny1's picture

Date Joined: 16/10/08

Easy

Sat, 2010-05-01 16:14

Roughly located the area. Then get a 12V Battery and stick 2 metal poles in the ground on either side of the offending noise.

Light her up, and be ready to recharge the battery because it will go flat. Trust me it will shock the bugger and he will walking somewhere else. Recharge the battery and all is cool.

Worked for me in the past with the "hooter" frogs. They go hooot, hooot all bloody night.

Neels

"I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact!!" _ Elon Musk

Dale's picture

Date Joined: 13/09/05

I like the frogs, which one

Sat, 2010-05-01 17:44

I like the frogs, which one of these do you think it is?
http://afrogpond.com/frog-calls-western-australia/

Cheers
Dale

"Just because you are a Character, Doesn't mean you have Character."

Mr Wolf

Goodz's picture

Dont get me wrong, I usually

Sat, 2010-05-01 19:55

Dont get me wrong, I usually like frogs too. I even made a pond to attract frogs into my veggie garden to eat any bugs... but as I've said before, this is no ordinary frog! It's not a nice frog sound...

I just looked at that link Dale, I recon it sounds like either a Spotted Burrowing Frog or a Yellow-Flanked Burrowing Frog.... they sound a bit like a owl.

I read that if you give them a lot of caffiene it will give them a heart attack... might have to make up a strong coffee and pour it around the area.. haha

Cammos's picture

Date Joined: 30/06/09

My Dad has always just put

Sat, 2010-05-01 22:38

My Dad has always just put out a tub of water with some rat poison mixed in. Seems to work as long as there are no other sources of water around.

roberta's picture

Date Joined: 08/07/08

Love the sound of

Sun, 2010-05-02 09:05

frogs or crickets at night but old fart can't stand the noise, the only thing that drowns them out for him is my snoring hahahahah......Old fart feels for you

Ginger Tablets Rock

Tony Halliday's picture

Date Joined: 14/06/07

my mini Fox Terrier /

Wed, 2010-05-05 09:33

my mini Fox Terrier / Tentafield Terrier colects them and dumps them at hill water bowl ...lol

I'll hire her out to you at $20 an hour ...lol

Tony Halliday: ~Meals on Reels ~

It takes a strong fish to swim against the current. Even a dead one can float with it

"It is always in season for old men to learn." Aeschylus (525-456 BC)

"In a mad world only the mad are sane." Akira Kurosawa (1910-1998)

Goodz's picture

well... should take her

Wed, 2010-05-05 21:57

well... should take her about 10 seconds to find it.... so whats that... 5.5cents... bargain!

But guess what..... the frog must be a member of the forums here and read this one cos after posting this we haven't heard the frog for the last 4 days!!! Hurrrrayyyyyy! Maybe it just got sick of me poking around it's home every night before bed.

Thanks for the advice anyway guys!