Carnarvon Holiday Houses - Reconmendations? - May 2018

Hi all hope all is well,

The planning has began for our 2018 Carnarvon - The islands Assualt - Part 2 - Fishing trip

Looking for a Holiday house for 4 Adults - 2 Boats - upto 7.8m for Ten Days - doesnt need to be 5 star - just functional and secure.

Can be out of town a little if required ( prreffered actauly ) 21st to 31st of May 2018 

Thanks in advance any advice / suggestions. 

Date Joined: 07/05/12

My sister lives in Carnarvon

Thu, 2017-11-02 07:33

My sister lives in Carnarvon and my advice based on her experiences would be to completely gut your boat and lock everything inside each night. Brother in law has had his boat raided several times and even had shit stolen (4 med/high end combos) after going to the toilet after returning home from a trip.

Officially off the Pies bandwagon

Date Joined: 14/11/16

Yeah - unfortunate

Thu, 2017-11-02 07:47

Yeah - unfortunate requirement as the law tends to frown on thieves being shot on sight. We have stayed at the Wintersun Caravan Park - nice place but they struggle to accomodate the bigger boats next to the chalets - hence the search for a house - prefferably out of town somewhere.

Date Joined: 07/11/08

there are a few options

Thu, 2017-11-02 09:35

there are a few options that wont cause you any issues. pelican point resort and leave your boats in the water the whole time,tied up to the front of your house. there are a couple of canal houses that would accomadate you all in one place with boats tied up to own jetty. jackfrost those events certanily arnt the norm we have never had any trouble with our boats or gear, same as anywhere else it allways pays to be a bit proactive. getting a pen in the yatch club is allways an easy option as well. 

Date Joined: 07/05/12

They're govt employees mate.

Thu, 2017-11-02 10:41

They're govt employees mate. I'm sure they weren't housed in the premo part of the town 

Officially off the Pies bandwagon

Quobbarockhopper's picture

Date Joined: 28/05/10

This is a mate of mines

Thu, 2017-11-02 16:53

This is a mate of mines place- about 10 mins from the boat ramp and way out of the way of any issues. Has big freezers and fish cleaning station and plenty of room in a nice farmhouse atmostphere

https://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/wa/gascoyne/carnarvon/219722

Tell Westy that Della sent you and he might knock a bit off the price.. or add to it!

This place is the bomb if you have 6-8 people to make it worthwhile cash wise

https://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/wa/gascoyne/carnarvon/100590

... and to all those who inevitably have/ will jump on this thread with the usual Carnarvon Crime bashing (which FYI, statistically, is actually better than Karratha/ Hedland etc)... Keep heading north to c-bay and exxy like everyone else and leave the real fish to us

Date Joined: 19/06/14

Primo part of town.........

Thu, 2017-11-02 17:00

Mwaaaaaaa waaaaa waaa waa w...... No where is safe in this place. 

Actually it’s not too bad , used to keep my boat parked out the front. Some little fucker thought it would be a good idea to set off my inflating life jackets , boat lives behind fence now no worries.  Being proactive is the only way these days. Two big dogs and locks on everything ( letterbox too...:) . Moving out of current rental to our own place in two weeks , kind of like moving fr9m the Bronx to Mosman Park me thinks !!!

My wife understands why I clean my rods n reels in the shower....

Date Joined: 17/06/13

Stayz accom

Thu, 2017-11-02 20:04

I have stayed at the second offering by Quobbarockhopper, can reccommend, we had 2 x 6m+ boats tied up each night on the private jetty, brilliant. Fresh water available to hose down etc, house is superb.

You get a remote to operate the bridge to get out of canal so you time your return together if you have multible boats, or depending on your boat height you can slide under on a lower tide

Ian.Haslehurst's picture

Date Joined: 02/04/16

Bernier Island Trip

Fri, 2017-11-03 20:35

Check out my post last month with this link. We stayed at Carnarvon Motel, They were great, giving us an area at the rear to park Boats (2 x 9m) with wash down facility an 2 twin rooms within 20m of boats. The whole complex is secured and locked after 8pm, we left our rods and boats gear outside the whole time.

Pics, video and costings in attached link. 

1. http://www.fishwrecked.com/forum/first-big-trip-sailfish-s9

2. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gm2c6gs0gbs1clp/AADmWE2kFHbembLvsu9sAV25a?dl=0

Please note the fascine channel was closed due to sand bar so had to use commercial boat ramp on other side (no Problem). Also can clean fish at the new ramp on the way home. Well lit with new fish cleaning station.

Ian

Straycat

Date Joined: 14/11/16

Thanks to all for your

Sat, 2017-11-04 00:17

Thanks to all for your reply's - i Like the Tropical Farm Stay - and the Carnarvon Motel options - Will contact them and get things rolling - Tight Lines Everyone!!!