Evolution 600 extreme

Hi 

Any one been in and evolution 600 extreme and can tell me what you thought of them on the water, layout etc.

Thanks

Date Joined: 02/11/09

Make sure you do a search on

Fri, 2014-07-04 08:42

Make sure you do a search on evolution boats, some people have had lots of problems.

JohnF's picture

Date Joined: 07/07/10

Mate, be careful..... I

Fri, 2014-07-04 09:42

Mate, be careful.....

I seriously looked at one and had $105k ready to buy a new one 2 years ago. I went down to Mandurah for a test drive prior to handing over the cheque, and my god, what a beautiful boat but what an awful ride.....

The cockpit layout is nothing short of perfect, nice finish and very stable at rest. However, if ride quality is important to you (I have a dodgy back so it is critical) then this boat will disappoint. The large reverse chines go a long way forward which provides the excellent stability but results in the boat slapping hard into quite small chop, and when cornering, it does not lean into the corner but rather stays flat like a shark cat, which I suspect is why a lot of these boats have been flipped over (read the reports from Eastern states chat sites.....).

Overall, I was very disappointed, as I loved everything else about the boat. I hear the latest model has improved the ride (not sure how much?). If you are using it as a bay boat or you have a robust back, then this would be a great boat. For rough offshore work in WA, I am not so sure.

My 235 Whaler in comparison rides heaps better and corners how a boat should, but in contrast, is not as stable at rest when fishing, a trade off that appears hard to get away from.....but one I will take every day of the week.

Hope this helps.

John

Boston Whaler 235 Conquest......getting the flogging it was built for.

A-SALT-WEAPON's picture

crashin your post

Fri, 2014-07-04 10:12

Sorry Murphdirt.. Hay John I do like the look of the Whalers but how do you get on with towing on the freeway? Arnt you overwidth I live south of the river and head to Jurien every now and then so freeway is the easiest way. Am I right in sayiny you cant go on the freeway..

JohnF's picture

Yep, the Whaler is 2.59 wide

Fri, 2014-07-04 10:27

Yep, the Whaler is 2.59 wide so just overwidth and can't go on the freeway, period. At least not with any insurance cover......

The rules changed in WA a year or so ago For the better which made owning an oversized boat heaps easier as you can now tow at night, just not on the freeway day or night.

To go to Jurien, I will be taking marmion ave. I am north of river so

Boston Whaler 235 Conquest......getting the flogging it was built for.

Murphdirt511's picture

Date Joined: 13/11/12

Cheers fellas I'll look more

Tue, 2014-07-08 00:02

Cheers fellas I'll look more into them might be time to look at something different but my god they look awesome.