First Gopro dive vid, Hillarys cave9/6/2012

Thought i'd put up a vid seeing the dive thread has been pretty dead for a while. My first attempt at a dive video with a gopro, pretty happy with it but uploading to youtube has made it stutter slightly in a few bits at the end. Best viewed in HD, Going to try upload to vimeo to see if that plays in better quality. I've noticed most of the better vids are always shown on vimeo. Pretty much felt my way in the dark with this so any advice is much welcomed, what editing programs do other people use? and is there anyway to get youtube to play default in HD??

Dive is just out from Hillarys in around 8meters was hoping to get some crays but the whole place was empty which is sort of unusual, had a clip for the camera on the loop to get some cray catching footage. Lucked out there so it turned into a diving video.

If you watch it be sure to switch it to HD720 or 1080.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_aYL05YdTk&list=HL1339324015&feature=mh_lolz

Dave J.

tim-o's picture

Date Joined: 24/05/11

Perth sucks, nothin holdin up

Sun, 2012-06-10 20:43

Perth sucks, nothin holdin up in that amount of structure....up north thered be coral trout and huge painted crays in those caves. Nice dive tho, nice water clarity.

I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.

milsey's picture

Date Joined: 22/08/07

Bloody awsome water clarity,

Sun, 2012-06-10 20:50

Bloody awsome water clarity, made me duck my head a few times watching you swim through a few of those caves.

Date Joined: 21/02/08

Yeah WHERE ARE THE FEELERS!

Sun, 2012-06-10 21:00

Yeah WHERE ARE THE FEELERS!

Reefmonkey's picture

Date Joined: 22/09/08

going back around 2 years ago

Sun, 2012-06-10 21:12

going back around 2 years ago the ledges at the start of the clip used to be chockas with crays especially when the whites run, last two years its been declining and never wiped out a nest for that reason. now not even seeing a single resident there anymore. Of the 6 or so years since i've found the site have only pulled out around 4 crays out of the cave though.

Dave J.

Ben Derecki's picture

Date Joined: 10/10/07

Nice vid!

Sun, 2012-06-10 22:10

Rockin' track too. The '90s were the glory days of Aussie metal.

Paul G's picture

Date Joined: 12/12/07

Nice vid mate .nice clear

Mon, 2012-06-11 07:05

Nice vid mate .nice clear water ,some great ground in close.niceeeeee

Active Gyp-Rok solutions ,Residential  and commercial ceilings and walls

JoRn's picture

Date Joined: 20/11/07

how did you mount your go

Mon, 2012-06-11 09:06

how did you mount your go pro?

i see you had the headband from the outdoor kit, i mounted it that way and lost my first camera

Reefmonkey's picture

Date Joined: 22/09/08

headmount

Mon, 2012-06-11 13:29

Yea it almost came off a few times when the camera wasn't attached, i put the headmount on then my mask strap over the top as some sort of insurance, other mount was just one of the 3 pronged clip thingys cable tied to my loop and another clip was mounted on a 3lb weight to sit on the ocean floor. not that big of a cave system but just swam around it for about half hour with the one camera mounted in all different spots. then cut it up.

Dave J.

Dan's picture

Date Joined: 23/02/06

great dive !

Tue, 2012-06-12 14:00

awesome cave system there !!