Friday arvo 23/11 report

Went for a fish yesterday afternoon because I had the day off work. Went down to my barra spot and collected some bait then chucked a nice livie out for a barra. Threw a few lures around while the livie was out but it was a little quiet. Headed down to another spot to fish for some jacks.

Wasn't long before I had a good hit but failed to hookup. Next hit came up solid and he pulled a reasable amount of drag before I turned his head and landed him up on the rocks. 460mm tagged and released, a healthy, solid jack.

Next couple of jack hits failed to hookup. Suddenly I got an awesome hit that almost ripped the rod from my hands, he took me into the current and ripped line off like there was no tomorrow, an epic bust off followed from a jack that would have easily gone over 500mm.

Oh well not to worry there's always next time. Fun afternoon here is the 460 fish that I landed.

Big Jacks need to be seen to be beleived, awesome fighters, especially in snaggy water less than 1m deep. Heart in your throat fishing at it's best.