Furuno 587 settings for TM260 Tranny

Hi 

I have a 2 part question .

I have recently wired  a Markfish into my FCV587 and HDS7 Lowrance  GPS and I am not sure on the correct NMEA settings that are required to get the link to work correctly between these 2 units. The instructions on how to wire up was pretty easy but no info on the correct settings required for marking points via Sounder.

The 2nd part of question is what settings are we running for a TM260 transducer on a 587 ? I have checked the menu and found the list of transducers and it only has a 1Kw  rather than the model # or is it a wet box,Tranny mount or thru hull tranny.With many different transducers on market I would of thought that the model would be what you select.

Maybe i am thinking into it to much.

Thanks in Advance 

CB

Bucko's picture

Date Joined: 08/05/10

Can't help with question 1,

Fri, 2017-07-21 15:25

Can't help with question 1, but try this transducer ID:

526TID-HDD

In anything under 100m, auto fishing should be fine for settings.

Jackfrost80's picture

Date Joined: 07/05/12

Hey mate. For the Markfish

Fri, 2017-07-21 15:26

Hey mate. For the Markfish you need the following settings on your Furuno in the NMEA menu:

NMEA: In/Out

TLL Output: TLL

NMEA OUtput: On

I had all of the above and I could mark the Lowrance with the Furuno in my driveway but not whilst on the water. After working through them with Markfish I went into the 'NMEA0183 OUtput Sentences' menu on my Lowrance and disabled all sequences besides GLL and she now works a charm. Seems there was too much info being sent and it was log jamming.

Officially off the Pies bandwagon