FW Fishing Weekly - 04/03/2017

FishWrecked's Wicked Week - 04/03/2017

A recap of the week gone by:

T'was a warm afternoon and not a creature was stirring.....except for 20 or so bream which bombero manage to catch and release!  Good stuff mate!

Another great spaniard report from Kalbarri by ranmar850!  He even thanked the freeloading shark...and his exact words were "Awwww, f%@k off! Bastard!!".  All captured on camera!  Haha!

Terriblepaulzy showed us a beautiful Harlequin caught in Gracetown!

Wanting a change from the "usual" Dhuies, Sea Cheese used PE2 to land a Queen Snapper! It fought hard....really really hard!

Trying Jurien Bay for the first time in his boat, CD showed us a very nice pair of Baldies and a loner Dhuie.

Rugbynut and his boys took advantage of baitfish that were hiding around his boat to land some nice Kingies and SBTs!

Chasing birds around the bank, Beau once again delivers the goods using bream gear to land some tuna.  Heaps of fun!

Out on the West End and after 15 minutes of a Stella 4000 smoking and spooling, Hook_er finally landed a very decent YTK.  Alls well in the end!

Heres the reason why fish, squid, crays, crabs and occy (especially) in Rocko have been very happy the last few days.  Little Johnny (and Walfootrot) have been away......over East.....catching CARP!   Wtf!  No further comment...  lol

It's Little Johnny again!   Oops no its not, it's marineboy showing a decent snapper he caught!   Fish pics with feet and thongs are supposed to be a "LJ" trademark! Lol

In between appointments, Ooh Yeh managed to grab some crays & squid on his ski! I'm in the wrong industry!

Seniors in their 70s usually take up knitting or play bingo at the local RSL.  Not Maldugs! Being a true Fishwrecker, he and his deckie (the missus!) took their Quinnie up to Walpole.  He now wants to go out wide! "When I grow up, I want to be just like you, Sir!"

Using 8lb line, Flangies caught a magnificent Mahi Mahi! My favourite report of the week coz Mahi Mahi are on top of my list of fish to be caught!! 

Another cray report for the week. This time, sphere bagged out while diving off the beach in Mandurah!

Although the pics were taken the last few months, Reece shows us what BIG fken fish look like from water depths of 400m!!! Only "slightly" bigger than sand whiting I catch in 10m deep... lol

Little Andy impressed us with a magic metre Dhuie (102cm), weighing in at 16.7kg and smashing his PB!  Much better than carp fishing! Isn't that right, LJ??  Lol

Jackalchub shows us an awesome....grin!  I'll have an awesome grin too, if I was holding a 105cm Dhue!

To finish off the week, uncle's boat leads the way with top gun Paul showing us an esky full of spaniards! Nice work guys!

As for myself, I was working all week so no fishin!  Two mates did manage to bag out on 60-70cm snapper and sent me pics whilst I was working... bastards! Oh well,  I'll be out there on Monday and Tuesday! Stay tuned!! Haha

(Sorry if I missed out anyone!)

Happy fishing!

*At time of posting, John Curtis reports haven't been uploaded to ABC yet.  Will load it up later in the day*

A fish in the hand is worth 10 in the water!

sea-kem's picture

Date Joined: 30/11/09

Nice report mate! Cheers

Sat, 2017-03-04 08:46

Nice report mate! Cheers again

Love the West!

Guardy's picture

Date Joined: 09/08/12

Another Great Report

Sat, 2017-03-04 10:06

Well done ashen. Cheers

Hutch's picture

Date Joined: 21/04/13

Saturday is officially the

Sat, 2017-03-04 11:18

Saturday is officially the best day on fishwrecked now because of your reports, top stuff again

Date Joined: 17/06/10

Great stuff and looked forward to

Sat, 2017-03-04 12:15

Yep look forward to the Saturday report to see who has been doing what.
Thanks for the report

Marineboy's picture

Date Joined: 14/03/14

Sat, 2017-03-04 12:22

good stuff ashen,

My spots are so secret even the fish don't know about them !

Date Joined: 07/05/12

Great stuff mate.

Sat, 2017-03-04 12:37

Great stuff mate.

Officially off the Pies bandwagon

Dale's picture

Date Joined: 13/09/05

Sat, 2017-03-04 12:43

Love your work Ash.

"Just because you are a Character, Doesn't mean you have Character."

Mr Wolf

Ashen's picture

Date Joined: 22/03/13

Thanks guys

Sat, 2017-03-04 13:07

Your positive comments are highly valued and very motivating! 

John Curtis's report has been uploaded to ABC but the person that uploaded it didn't do a very good job and the report is quite messy and I don't have time to compile it..sorry!

If you would like to view it, please go to this link:

http://blogs.abc.net.au/wa/2017/03/fishing-with-john-curtis-4th-march-2017.html?site=perth&program=720_saturday_breakfast

A fish in the hand is worth 10 in the water!

Dale's picture

Date Joined: 13/09/05

Sat, 2017-03-04 14:24

You're not wrong Ash, that was a real dogs dinner.

"Just because you are a Character, Doesn't mean you have Character."

Mr Wolf

dw72's picture

Date Joined: 19/02/15

round up

Sat, 2017-03-04 13:24

good round up ashen 

entertaining read..!

OOH YEH's picture

Date Joined: 16/06/15

Well worth

Sat, 2017-03-04 19:48

reading great to catch up on the weeks event !!!!!! As for me I'm off to work for 2 months and then I'm back but out of action as I'm having a op on my left foot which will put me out of action for 4 weeks ...... 

Tight lines all !!!!!