Gp1971 maps

hey blokes just been reading a couple stories here and elsewhere about the cmaps4d continental chart that comes with the gp1971 isn’t much good here in wa, and was wondering if anyone had upgraded to the local cmaps4d version (Darwin to Esperance), and whether it was worth it. 

Cheers 

paul

Browndog's picture

Date Joined: 10/04/12

GP1971

Mon, 2021-09-13 18:03

Hi Paul.

I've recently purchased the GP1971 with the "upgraded" CMAPS 4D chart. Map is pretty much useless for metro area, barely a contour line on it. I'm waiting for the supplier to get back from up North and see if there is anything I'm doing wrong, but pretty much convinced it's junk. Frustrating as I have a Navionics platinum card sitting doing nothing, but it's not compatible with the GP1971. Such a shame, as the sounder is brilliant!

Interested to hear if there is a fix for this.

Cheers,

BD.

TerriblePaulzy's picture

Date Joined: 04/01/17

That’s not good news might

Mon, 2021-09-13 21:23

That’s not good news might have to go down another path and find another unit that can run navionics 

cheers 

paul

Browndog's picture

Date Joined: 10/04/12

Sounder

Tue, 2021-09-14 07:04

Don't let the map turn you off the unit - the sounder side of things is amazing, I'm picking up so much ground travelling now that in the past I would have gone straight over. I reckon it's worth it for the sounder alone. Maps is a frustration for sure, but I have Navionics on the phone & ipad and fish the same area, so don't really need it for navigation, just marking spots which works fine. I'm 100% happy with my choice of sounder, but maps is dissapointing. Interested to hear what your suppliers tell you about it?

TerriblePaulzy's picture

Date Joined: 04/01/17

Gp1971

Tue, 2021-09-14 20:34

ive spoken to Taylor marine in Henderson and the only thing they’ve said could help would to be to upgrade to the local maps but it’s not sounding good. I’m still going to use the unit with an Ss175hw tranny but have just pulled the trigger on a second hand tzt14 so the maps side will no longer be a worry just have to figure out which black box and trannys to run through it 

cheers 

paul