GP7000F

Hi all,

Im currently looking into purchasing a boat with the furuno GP7000f. Does anyone have one of these units or used one and what are your thoughts? I know it's older technology and just want to know if it's still a good working unit

Cheers 

The Saint's picture

Date Joined: 30/01/13

Good Unit

Tue, 2015-08-11 06:37

Good unit for it's age, although I found the GPS a bit cumbersome to use.

Mine was used as a sounder only, so found it pretty good. I've now replaced it with an FCV 587.

If it's already on the boat, don't let that put you off, it's a better unit than what is on plenty of other boats on the market !

Date Joined: 08/02/14

Thanks Saint,Yeah it's

Tue, 2015-08-11 07:36

Thanks Saint,

Yeah it's already a unit on the boat I have made an offer on spending a lot of money so don't really want to have to pay for more extras in the future but I guess electronics will always outdate fast in this day and age.

Noticed on your profile you own a coraline what do you think of their ride and stability I'm looking at the 750 outsider?

Cheers

z00m's picture

Date Joined: 10/05/14

If you're forking out $100K+

Tue, 2015-08-11 07:46

If you're forking out $100K+ for a boat, a couple of grand to upgrade the electronics shouldn't make much difference?

The Saint's picture

Hoops, I'm very happy with my

Tue, 2015-08-11 12:09

Hoops, I'm very happy with my Coraline, as I've mentioned on here somewhere previously, it's not the perfect boat but no boat is.

Ride is quite good for an ally tub, stability when fishing is excellent, fishes 3 nicely, 4 fishing on one side does start to get a bit of a lean but not uncomfortable.

Would I buy another Coraline ? Absolutely.

However, I am disappointed that my 200 litre tank only hold 170 litres !

The Saint's picture

Hoops, I did get caught out

Tue, 2015-08-11 12:17

Hoops, I did get caught out with the rig being overweight for the trailer. Boat was on a 2 tonne trailer and when I put it on the weigh bridge it came in at 2.38T.

It cost me over 4 grand to upgrade suspension and fit electric/hydraulic brake set up.

Just mentioned this as I've seen the add for an Outsider for sale in Rockingham (if that's the one) and I can't see elec brake set up on the trailer.

Good luck with it all.

Date Joined: 24/04/11

Used one

Tue, 2015-08-11 19:33

We used the Gp7000F quite  abit.

It was good in its day. Agree it was a bit cumbersome on the GPS until you get used to it. I would rate the sounder as good as my HDS gen 2 (but i havent played with the gen2 that much). 

Date Joined: 01/07/15

I've got one on my new boat

Tue, 2015-08-18 00:14

I've got one on my new boat but only had the boat a few months

I agree the Gps isn't the best and the detail of the cmap doesn't seem that great but it gets the job done 

I'm obviously still trying to get used to the sounder and the settings but it seems to be pretty good 

Would love to know what settings other people have on there sounder settings for this model

Ive also got a copy of the manual if you  need one but I'm pretty sure you can get them free online