Kalbarri 2016

Just spent 10 days in Kalbarri with our quad bikes chasing Tailor and Mulloway off the rocks and beaches north and south of the river. Been doing it very successfully for the past 30 years at this time of year, moon, tides etc Not sure why but this time the fish were strangely absent from all the usual locations. We came away with just a few good Tailor and very small Mulloway for our efforts. That was in spite of using fresh baits both morning and night. The word around town was that no one else was doing any better so where have all the fish gone? Anyone else had the same experience in Kalbarri recently or can explain why it's like that this year? We're heading back again next year but if this keeps up we'll need to look at other destinations to get our annual fishing fix. 

Catching is not all of the fishing.

Date Joined: 08/01/09

things are a bit

Tue, 2016-12-06 16:25

late this year. could be the reason?

FEEEISH ONNN!!!

Date Joined: 09/10/06

Surprising. usualy do a

Tue, 2016-12-06 16:52

Surprising. usualy do a wagoe run in November around the full moon and do well on mullas. Didnt go this year. 

ranmar850's picture

Date Joined: 12/08/12

I've been told just the opposite.

Tue, 2016-12-06 17:19

I have a mate who does it a lot up there,local, fishes off a quad, says it's been the best run of big fish for years. Last report on this was just last week.

rob90's picture

Date Joined: 06/02/13

Haha kick a man when his

Tue, 2016-12-06 18:32

Haha kick a man when his down ay. Cant argue with local knowledge tho. I might need to get my arse into gear and head up there.

Hi my name is rob............. and I'm a........... fishaholic

ranmar850's picture

Date Joined: 12/08/12

Talked to him again last night

Thu, 2016-12-08 09:08

Tailor haven't been as good as usual, and the mulloway have been very good but also very spot-specific, if you know what I mean. But there have laso been decent mulloway coming in from Chinamans in the evening for the last few days--go figure.

And yeah, I know what you mean--I hate it when I've had a crap day and someone is gobbing off about how thick the fish were, everywhere they went