Lithium Jump Starter packs (and NOCO GB40 Boost Plus 1000A UltraSafe)... thought/ expereinces?

Hey all

Just seeing what peoples thought are on the NOCO GB40 Jump starter packs if anyone has used them or something similar?

Just bought one. From the reviews, they look OK, reason I went with that model is the safety (this one doesnt spark etc) and durability (they seem to be pretty tough) aspects. Theres one numpty on youtube who thinks hes a battery pack guru and slates them- but the guy is trying to start a yankee 5.7L F150 with it, clearly out of the specs range on the box.

Theres a weaker (GB20) and stronger (GB70 but double the price), but those look under/overkill from what I can tell.

Will mainly be used for the boat (Yammy 150) and for the Prado if neeeded... Im guessing from the specs it will work well enough for bot, but if anyone with any actual sparky knowledge or first hand expereince could confirm, would be greatly appreciated(Im pretty naieve when it comes to sparky type stuff)...?

Im guessing a Yam 150 wouldnt draw/ require anywhere near as much pep to kick it over, compared to a car anyway? (but again, thats just my assumption... please confirm or tell me Im way wrong if so)

cheers in advance.

PS: you can pick them up for $140 of fleabay from an aussie seller, much cheaper than $240ish from stores if anyones interested

Date Joined: 26/08/16

These things are GOLD

Mon, 2017-09-25 16:57

Mate, I bought 2 12,000Mamp ones ( different brand- same thing) from REPCO last year and have used them a number of times.

Mine are probably smaller than yours, however has absolutely no difficulty cranking a Patrol 4500EFI with totally flat battery, also used it on Honda Goldwing 1800CC, and on a Patrol 3000Diesel, with no difficulty at all, all from dead flat.

I carry mine on board at all times, and we take them on road trips.

For something this small I just cant understand how they do what they do.

But they are awesome little bits of reletavily inexpensive kit .

reece's picture

Date Joined: 10/07/08

Iv got a jumpspower one

Mon, 2017-09-25 23:23

Iv got a jumpspower one 6000mah 150-300a. To test it out on I took the terminals off the battery in my V8 diesel 4.5L cruiser and hooked it up. Cranked it no problem! A 620ah normal battery hasn't got the power to crank it!!!

Any one free to help me pull my drum lines tomorrow? 

Willlo's picture

Date Joined: 07/10/11

We sell and use them for

Tue, 2017-09-26 08:48

We sell and use them for call outs , as long as you use them within the specs they are a great piece of kit ,ive started everything from motor bikes to big rigs . Mate of mine takes 1 out in the boat instead of using dual batteries then its back in the car for camping trips etc.

Call Sign - BZ785

Haynes Hunter Prowler CC

Date Joined: 26/08/16

As an extra

Tue, 2017-09-26 11:17

you get a number of phone/ipad/etc charges from them as well!

What they cant do is run anything like a compressor etc, ( I tried and my compressor went for about 10 seconds- however it didnt flatten the power pack) obviously it requires a different setup. But yeah, another example of amazing technology, I love it!

Daneox's picture

Date Joined: 07/11/10

I bought

Tue, 2017-09-26 12:17

I bought mine a long time ago, before they became common place in stores in Australia.

Imported it from the US from memory, it is an "Antigravity Batteries XP-10 Micro-Start."

Great little thing, jump started my old Toyota 4Runner four times in a row and hardly made a dent in it's charge.

(It was only a 4 cyl petrol 4Runner though)