March 2017 Kalbarri fishing trip

Hello I am currently planning a 5 day holiday/fishing trip to kalbarri,i will be taking up my 4.8mtr quintrex and was wondering if any one could give me some tips such as water depths ,rigs & some areas I could hunt around, I will be going out mainly mornings as long as the swell & winds permit, will be trolling for pelagics if they show, bottom bashing with soft plastics & baits for baldies,cod,trout also plan on throwing out a un-weighted mulie any info would be much appreciated.

Date Joined: 01/01/70

Hey mate, as soon as you

Tue, 2017-01-31 21:21

Hey mate, as soon as you make it out the river mouth throw your lures out. Head out to the 14~15 meter line and continue north until you get to the sandpatch (you will see it, just sand dunes about 6km north of the river mouth) look for bird action as you head up, if they are around you will see the occasional Mack/tuna jump from the water. Sound around the sand patch area as there is some pretty good ground, I have found spots where you get rankin and baldies almost every drop and some decent sambos in the same area (yes I know no photos it didn't happen, we will be taking plenty this year though). For bait we use fresh mullet, garfish & squid that we catch before we head up.

We are heading up on the 3rd to the 7th of April so let me know how you go. 

jayce's picture

Date Joined: 10/12/11

Will be up there between

Thu, 2017-02-02 14:03

Will be up there between those dates. Catch ya for a beer somewhere.

big john's picture

Date Joined: 20/07/06

Disregard

Thu, 2017-02-02 17:03

Wrong month, I'll be there in March.

WA based manufacturer and supplier of premium leadhead jigs, fligs, bucktail jigs, 'bulletproof' soft plastic jig heads and XOS bullet jig heads.

Jigs available online in my web store!

ranmar850's picture

Date Joined: 12/08/12

Weather would be getting better

Tue, 2017-01-31 20:18

March is getting better for weather and there should be pelagics around.Just been improving last few days really. Pelagics are pretty easy, really, just straight out the front,either out to 25 metres or further out at the Three Mile due west.Or you can go north a bit,up towards the first sandpatch., along 20 metres is usually your best bet. Or start at Red Bluff and head south in the same sort of depth. They are where you find them, they come and go with the weather, cold dirty water associated with swell and strong southerlies usually disappears them altogether. They like warm (23 degrees plus) water with some clarity. Demersals close to the river are a different matter,north is usually best, just hunt around out to 20metres and take pot luck. Unweighted mulies areas good as anything.

Date Joined: 26/01/17

I agree with the above. we

Thu, 2017-02-02 08:40

I agree with the above. we troll 18-28m zigzagging mostly north at 5 knots. halco chrome pink, king brown, redhead, and green/yellow lured and garfish. morning trolling is best. look for clear water and don't be afraid to go a bit deeper. if you get a strike go back over the same area. drifting with a garfish can be deadly.
others I know always go south. 27meg radio coverage is patchy south.

Date Joined: 26/01/17

Thanks fellas. much

Thu, 2017-02-02 13:02

Thanks fellas. much appreciated, with any luck and fingers crossed the weather holds up ill get some pics up thanks again for the advice.hanging to get those reels screeming lol