Monday 25/4/11 Report

On Sunday arvo we made the decision to head out first thing Monday morning, so Al Bevan, myself, Chris, Dick, Ricki, Harry and Oscar got our gear ready for what would "hopefully" be a good day's fishing. We got to our first spot just before sun up and got into the fish straight away, with Ricki landing a nice Pink Snapper to around 6-7kg on blue mackerel. Harry hooked up to what we think was a King, but ended up getting the better of him and his Saltiga outfit. Meanwhile, us boys at the front were hooking up and loosing a heap of fish, but come second drift we were hooked up for good. Oscar hooked up to a train and myself as well. 15 minutes later Oscar got his fish in, a healthy Samson fish around 15kg on a Soft Plastic while I toughed it out and managed to bring up a decent Samson from 30m on Pe3 gear. 

As you can see the sunlight really does affect a photo aha, but thanks for Dick (all the way from Kununurra) for the pictures. Sorry I couldn't get all the pictures as I was sent these pictures via email, but if you check the Norther Terrirtory Fishing mag, you might find a more detailed report :)

As the sun came up the fish began to dissapear, however Harry managed another good Snapper and I hooked up and lost another bigger fish to the reef despite how hard I was fishing...

With the good progress early on, we made the decision to head out wide, first trolling for an hour out of West and then getting the outriggers out and trolling out near the trench, but to our disapointment nothing to show for our effort.

Tried the fads for a while, however didn't have any luck either, despite watching all the dollies swim under and around the boat. 

With not much luck, we worked some jigs behind Rotto in around 100m with nothing to show for, other than a few Skippy, Flathead, Gernard and the occasional Snapper.

All in all, not a bad day out, good to get into the the fish early on, despite not getting anything later on; all had a good time, cracking a few beers and jokes :)

Image Upload: 

Brucesta's picture

Date Joined: 29/05/09

great fish and awesome pics

Wed, 2011-04-27 11:41

great fish and awesome pics to boot

Las Vegas - Rolling the dice and trying your luck. 1M+ Barra summer target. 100kg Black Marlin winter target

beau's picture

Date Joined: 24/01/10

wow great photos there!

Wed, 2011-04-27 11:50

wow great photos there!

Ectopic's picture

Date Joined: 19/10/09

Well done

Wed, 2011-04-27 12:22

Good Sambo on light gear. Did you get it on jig or 'stinky'?

http://db.tt/DXvNMYOU

Date Joined: 17/01/10

sp

Wed, 2011-04-27 15:44

sp

Adam Gallash's picture

Date Joined: 29/11/05

Sambo

Wed, 2011-04-27 16:47

Submit that top sambo photo by itself John, I think it may be a worthy competitor for the POTM comp.  Great stuff.

Site Admin - Just ask if you need assistance