Ocea Jigger LD 2000II replacement for Shimano Ocea Jigger 2000P announced.

I've been wanting a lever drag replacement for the Shimano Ocea Jigger 2000P for awhile, and it looks like its getting an update!

In the original Japanese, Plat, or on google translate.

The LD2000II holds 95m less PE4 than the Talica TAC8II which it is based on. I don't yet know if that means its narrower, or the spool has a larger arbour. It also seems to have one more bearing. The gear inches are pretty much the same as the 2000P in high speed (96cm), or the same as the JM PE4 in low gear (60cm).

Not really sure what the point of having a two speed jigger is, and thats after owning one as well. We can only hope that shimano gets smart and releases a single speed version and soon!

There is a single speed version of the talica coming real soon now, really. They have been promising Feb, then March, April and now May dammit.

Edit: the spool width of the TAC8II is 34mm and if the LD2000II holds 25% less, then the spool width would be about 25mm, exactly what the Ocea Jigger 2000P has. I'm a bit worried from the pics that they just put a fatter arbour on the TAC8 spool. My current PE3 jigger is an Avet SX and that is 37mm across, and its easy to handle. The Daiwa Saltist LD30II was way too wide though.

SamC's picture

Date Joined: 30/08/06

Dardy!

Sun, 2010-04-18 10:40

Dardy!

Cheers,

Sam

Date Joined: 01/09/09

jigger price ??

Sun, 2010-04-18 20:27

Hi Till any idea of what the jigger LD is going to cost compared to the Talica ???

I'm also after a smaller jigging real in lever drag form so I might have to wait a bit longer ...

And I'm a bit confused on your line capacity questions ,you mentioned that the jigger LD has an extra 95m of PE 4 but may have a smaller width spool than the TAC8 which its based on{ arbor size } so where is the extra capacity come from ???

Cheers fishfish

Date Joined: 21/02/08

Oops, missed that when I

Sun, 2010-04-18 21:37

Oops, missed that when I edited it last. Yes, LD2000II hold 95 yards less line.

Price? Plat says over $550US for the LD2000II, the TAC8II is $450ish in the US and the TAC8 is $350ish. 

Date Joined: 01/09/09

confused

Mon, 2010-04-19 06:56

MMMMM I cant see the point of the reel if it holds less than the TAC8 and going to come in at around $100 US more ????

No doubt its going to be be a good reel but just seems like its doubling up on an an already existing reel ????

Seems to me the TAC8 single is the one to go for or I could just pony up for the Bay Jigger like I've wanted for a while !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers fishfish...

Prices have dropped on the

Mon, 2010-04-19 07:10

Prices have dropped on the TAC8II as its been out a year now. The LD2000II is new and JDM-only and both of these things make it expensive.

The only point of a narrower reel is even less of an issue with line lay although managing a 33mm spool is pretty trivial anyway.

Well that sucks! Plat got

Tue, 2010-04-20 07:39

Well that sucks!

Plat got back to me and confirmed that its the same width as the Shimano Talica TAC8II. So, that means that its pretty much no different to the TAC8, just a larger arbour and one more bearing somewhere.

Looks like the TAC8 is the go!