Spare Parts for 1980's Evinrude 140HP

Wondering where I can get trim tilt seal kits and thermostats for my old Evinrude 140HP. Will dealers order them in or are there better places to source them from, other than the USofA? Would prefer to go to a shop/supplier rather than ebay?

Evinrude wreckers in WA?

Also, the cowl engine cover hood seal is obsolute - any solutions how to replace?

"Grey Ghost",  670HT Barcrusher with 150 Yamaha, based at Cockburn PBC.

clarky29's picture

Date Joined: 15/04/15

Local dealer will order them

Wed, 2017-03-22 13:07

Local dealer will order them in for you but check the price first. A marine mechanic can probably get non genuine ones a lot cheaper as they have access to a distributer that wont sell to the public. The way I do it is to check the Crowley Marine web site for the part numbers easy if you have your year and model number. Write down the numbers then go to marineengine.com and search the numbers as they are generally cheaper and postage is a lot cheaper. I do it this way as the part numbers are easier to find on crowley marine. Then you have a reference for when getting a price locally. I recently ordered parts that were $295 locally and had them delivered from marine engine for $170. There is a wrecker in Rockingham that might be able to you with the cowling seal other than that I can't help. Cheers

bleicester's picture

Date Joined: 10/09/14

Rockingham Wrecker

Wed, 2017-03-22 15:54

I think that's Noel from All-Safe Marine. He was fantastic when I used to have an old Johnson 50HP.

Error 404

Fish not found

Date Joined: 20/02/11

Australasian Seal Company in

Thu, 2017-03-23 18:12

Australasian Seal Company in Belmont should be able to help. Take your old seals in. I presume that it's just o rings and wiper seals?

Mulie